• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for killer Jazz Drum Samples/Loops

Share/Bookmark

Looking for killer Jazz Drum Samples/Loops

Hey All,

I'm in a big hurry to make a quick-paced Latin/Bebop piece. My samples are decent, though I don't have the greatest percussion chops. So I'm looking for some great "preproduced" material to play with, as opposed to making a custom drum track with MIDI. (That would be a nightmare for me!)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Alex

Re: Looking for killer Jazz Drum Samples/Loops

Big Fish Audio has several Jazz Style CD's that can be put to good use and there are MIDI loops at Smartloops, Groovemonkee, etc. A quick Google search should turn up plenty of hits for you.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA
    www.bakersjazzandmore.com

Hi Alex - on the latin side of things, theres plenty to choose from in Groove Elements in RMX, under 'Core library' (probably elsewhere too in RMX too...)
    cheers,

Great ideas, thanks!

-A

I have had great luck with BFD and now BFD2. They also have a jazz/funk edition.

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=30

Peace

rikp

Can't speak highly enough of the guys at Loopmasters. REALLY sweet material. I do a gig about once a season where I write music for an Hispanic Theatre company, though I'm an Anglo. The loops really help out to get me going in the right direction. The Jazz World CD and Percussionism are my favorites. Downloadable from several companies.

Best,

Mark

Go Back to forum