• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Virtual Guitarist

Virtual Guitarist

Has anyone used / reviewed a beta copy of this forthcoming library? I have a project coming up (atypical for me) that will require a lot of guitar.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Virtual Guitarist

I, for one am also keeping my fingers crossed, if it\'s as good as described, it could be the perfect companion to our electric guitar library Vintaudio\'s Giga Clean Electric Guitars, let\'s hope it\'s as good as the hype....

(You know of course virtual guitarist only does strumming right ?)

Vintaudio Prod.

It is possible to do more than strumming with thie thing. I am currently looking at a way to add this to Sonar. I havn\'t purchased it yet, but I have researched it extensively. For strumming, it REALLY sounds good. By accessing the VG on channel 16 you get access to all sounds used by the \"player\" for that style. That\'s where you can add single notes, etc. They plan on adding alot to this thing in the future. I\'m hoping they add a way to create your own strumming patterns. According to an email I got from one of the developers, they are considerng adding this. But they also don\'t plan on doing any major upgrades to this for quite a while. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Rumor has it, Virtual Bassist, Virtual Drummer are in the works. yikes...

I\'m really excited about this one. At first glance, I thought it was a MIDI plugin that voiced/delayed/etc. MIDI notes into guitar-like patterns and spit them out. Then I realized it includes the sounds you hear in the demos.

Can\'t wait. What\'s the street price? Will it need VST adapter to work with Sonar?

\"Will it need VST adapter to work with Sonar?\"

Yes, but so far it ain\'t happening... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

This is exactly what I planned to do with my Guitar library. Cut up phrases. but with better tone I hear the VG is based on actual Wave samples, it could be possible to actually update teh wave forms [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe developers can release updates for it as well?

\"If you assign Virtual Guitarist to MIDI ch 16 you enter a special mode. Hold down a chord with your left hand, and you\'ll be able to play its individual sampels above C4.\"

\"Please note that there\'s a very authentic mute sound after a long chord. This happens when you release the sustain pedal.\"

\"Some chord changes generate a fret noise, others don\'t. This depends on where on the guitar neck the chords are located. Fret noises can also be turned off.\"

\"The Decay slider provides you with an artificial staccato or over-compressed effect. Experiment!\"

I could be wrong, but it sounds like alot more going on than just loops....

\"What is Virtual Guitarist? In short, it\'s a virtual instrument (VSTi) that plays rhythm guitar in any key and tempo. Just play chords on your MIDI keyboard, and you\'ll hear a guitar strumming away. For more details, study this website — that\'s what it\'s here for!\" - Quoted from the Virtual Guitarist Website

The Virtual Guitatist Website:

They have a forum where the developers of the program will answer your questions, I assume until it gets too busy for them to keep up with.

This product really seems awesome, especially for someone like me who needs to add some generic strumming in the background. You have to hand to these VSTi guys. They are at least trying to push the envelope.

Like King, I agree this thing cries out for tone expansion. I think I read they were doing some de-compression on the fly, King, you\'ll have to visit their forum and research what they are doing. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As far as I know Virtual Guitaris is an advanced \"Sample loop player\". Real living guitarist have actually recorded their work and then the audio have been sliced into pieces so you can go from tempo 70 and up. All players have 8 parts and 8 fills! The actual variation is more or less prominent, depending on the player chosen.

But notice that there are no 9,11 and 13 chords...

But it looks good.

King Idiot,
    I beg you- if you are going to make a guitar library- include distorted tones and don\'t focus on playing phrases/ licks. You should sample it as you would a classical instrument so we have the same flexibility writing with it.

Originally posted by Munsie:
    \"If you assign Virtual Guitarist to MIDI ch 16 you enter a special mode. Hold down a chord with your left hand, and you\'ll be able to play its individual sampels above C4.\"
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">All the single notes ? and how many samples per note 2,3 velocities ?
    Anyways it\'s nice to have the single notes so you can mix them in with the strumming but the single notes are probably only 1 sample with no different velocity samples
    Still looks good for the strumming to me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

Vintaudio Prod.

Go Back to forum