• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dynamix's Government Yule Project on Soldiers Radio & TV

Share/Bookmark

Dynamix's Government Yule Project on Soldiers Radio & TV

Some of you die hard Garritonians might remember my little Christmas song project from last year...

"Christmas Card" performed by Government Yule.

This year I've decided to kick it up a notch and spread the word a bit more about the song.

In addition to some local press, last week I interviewed with the US ARMY's Soldiers Radio and Television.

Click below to hear the interview and spread The Yule!!!

http://www4.army.mil/AMP/index2.php?...ms_id_key=6812

Also of note, "Christmas Card" was played on WPLJ NY's Scott & Todd Morning Radio show this past Wednesday.

I'm still struggling to publish at least on more song for the Yule project before December 25. Luckly Garritan veteran, yes our own beloved "DP Dan" has come to my aid for the final mix. Stay tuned!!!!

Happy Holidays to all!!!

Erik Paulsen aka dynamix
    writer/producer Government Yule
    www.governmentyule.com

Thumbs up Re: Dynamix's Government Yule Project on Soldiers Radio & TV

Congrats to you Eric, and what a great cause! Army radio, wow ... maybe they will let the Marines, Air Force, and Navy listen too.

I will help spread the Yule, most of my many nephews and nieces are or were in all the branches of the U.S. armed forces. All of them are still with us, thank God, just some are now out of the military.

DPDan on board, well look out it will be amazing production.

May you have a blessed Christmas Eric.

David

edit: Who is the girl singing? She sounds GREAT!

Re: Dynamix's Government Yule Project on Soldiers Radio & TV

Erik,

Glad you are going forward with the Government Yule Project again this year. And you're in excellent hands with DP Dan.

You certainly have kicked it up a notch with the US ARMY's Soldiers Radio and Television. And being played on WPLJ NY's Scott & Todd Radio show is a nice feather in your cap.

I wish you great success with GVT YUL.

Happy Holidays Erik!

Gary Garritan

Re: Dynamix's Government Yule Project on Soldiers Radio & TV

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Congrats to you Eric, and what a great cause! Army radio, wow ... maybe they will let the Marines, Air Force, and Navy listen too.

I will help spread the Yule, most of my many nephews and nieces are or were in all the branches of the U.S. armed forces. All of them are still with us, thank God, just some are now out of the military.

DPDan on board, well look out it will be amazing production.

May you have a blessed Christmas Eric.

David

edit: Who is the girl singing? She sounds GREAT!
    Thanks David!

The singer on "Christmas Card" is Rachel Ferguson. I really consider her vocals on this track as an incredible favor as she is working really hard with the help of her family, to forge her own solo career and has so, moved on with an amazing professional producer. Check Rachel out at:

http://www.rachelfergusonmusic.com/

Hehe, I pray she becomes famous!

You might be surprised to find our follow up song, startlingly different. While promoting Government Yule last year I became quite a bit more aquainted with my audience and their situation. Everything that they had shared had congeled in my brain as I was leaving church last Christmas Eve and so what I had thought would be a one song project somehow became at least for now, two. I had enrolled the arranger from the Brooklyn based group Hem to help me put it together as their sound was appealing to me for this work, but when Hem came to perform with the Boston Pops he got sucked into rearranging all their work for full orchestra and then he kept getting bigger and better jobs and so I was left on my own. Funny it reminded me of trying to get a contractor to do a small job at my house and every time we'd talk he'd say he'd be coming soon, then never show up.

As with "Christmas Card", it took several months to find a great singer, which was a large delay. Of course I didn't dare record a thing because you never know what key you'll need in the end. So I kept experimenting with the arrangement which changed many times.

As I kept tweaking the new song every spare moment, trying to figure out what I was looking for, a large break came, I found a wonderful vocalist named Nancy Baden from Massachusetts to take the reigns of the new work. Thank you Craig's List!!!

A slight glitch in Fedex service has delayed Dan from getting the new project into his studio Saturday so I'm not sure it will be up on our myspace by Christmas Day as I'd hoped. Actually, when I started in March I was hoping to be done by August so I would have more time to focus on promotion.

Hopefully he'll get the package today.

Stay tuned and thanks for your kind comments!

E.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Erik,

Glad you are going forward with the Government Yule Project again this year. And you're in excellent hands with DP Dan.

You certainly have kicked it up a notch with the US ARMY's Soldiers Radio and Television. And being played on WPLJ NY's Scott & Todd Radio show is a nice feather in your cap.

I wish you great success with GVT YUL.

Happy Holidays Erik!

Gary Garritan
    Hey Gary!

Glad to see you on my thread, what an honor! Believe it or not there is a coming video interview with SRTV. I'll keep you posted.

Its no secret that Joan and I, although small players do have many aquaintences in the media and after all the pushing we did last year for promotion, we finally got a few folks to take us seriously. Joan played a huge part in geting the Soldiers Radio & TV interview.

Of course, I'm hoping to get "Christmas Card" much greater exposure. I only do this for love at the moment, but its my dream that if this ever actually became profitable, I'd return a percentage to a charity that helps combat victims.

I know I don't hang around here much as of late, but this forum has been a valuable place to grow and I thank you Gary for creating it.

I'll make an announcement when our new song, "Brave Hearted Lover" (using GPO and JABB) is posted.

Happy Holidays to Every one!!!

Erik Paulsen.

Go Back to forum