• Register
  • Help

Topic: No ASIO driver error with cubase and GSLE

Share/Bookmark

No ASIO driver error with cubase and GSLE

I\'ve installed GSLE 1.62 but cannot run the sequencer from the programme and keep getting the message No ASIO driver error and the system hangs. I have a PIII 500 128Mb Echo Gina 5.02 driver and Cubase VST 3.7.
    Do I need two sound cards?? or can the multiclient driver allow for both programmes to run.

Any comments & suggestions would be greatly appreciated

newcomer dtad

Re: No ASIO driver error with cubase and GSLE

I\'m having the same problem with \"no asio driver\" in vst. I have the nearly same setup as dtad, but a slower CPU and I\'m using Gina 5.01.....

If I start giga first and then start vst using the \"Seq\" button, things are ok.
    But I really need to start VST on it\'s own sometimes to conserve system resources during mixdown. Numerous re-installs of both products have not seemed to help.

I did recently upgrade from win95 to win98, and I did not have these problems under win95. I\'m using the same versions of giga, vst and the gina driver that I used under win95.

please help. thanks in advance

I should add that I have the multi-client options checked on the Gina driver properties, and I have giga output assigned to gina 3/4, with vst using gina 1/2.

But I really need to start VST on it\'s own sometimes to conserve system resources during mixdown. Numerous re-installs of both products have not seemed to help.

All you have to do to run VST solo, is open the MME setup (from the VST start menu) and disable GigaSampler endless wave. Then run VST. When you want GigaSampler back, re enable it in the MME setup. That should save you some uninstalls. Same for Cakewalk, go to MIDI devices and de-select GigaSampler from the MIDI list.
    Have fun
    Dave of NemeSys

Go Back to forum