• Register
  • Help

Topic: Desert Island Software scenario

Share/Bookmark

Desert Island Software scenario

Okay ladies and gents- here it is! If you had one DAW and one library to bring to a desert island (along with a power generator and computer) which one would it be?

This is a tough decision for me as I have quite a few libs, mostly orchestral. If I was stuck with just one, which one would it be? same goes for DAWS. I have Logic 8 Studio, Cubase 4.1, DP 5.12, and for PC Sonar 7. Okay, [breathing heavily] here goes:

DAW: Logic 8 Studio . All of the plug-ins that it comes bundled with help the decision since they round out what I would be missing in my library choice.

Library: VSL Vienna SE. Yeah, it was a tough choice to make but I find that there's a touch more variety with Vienna SE than my East West libs (which I love) simply because it goes beyond orchestral instruments. I also have awesome saxes, grinding guitars, mallets, keyboards, etc. I must add that I do have both Basic and Extended libs from this one. I also like how you can do small ensemble work or large scale pieces with it. I don't love the trombones or trumpets nor the timp but ALL of the winds are phenomenal.

Re: Desert Island Software scenario

It isn't really a DAW, but I think I'd pick Finale. Of all my software, it's the only program I use literally every day.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    It isn't really a DAW, but I think I'd pick Finale. Of all my software, it's the only program I use literally every day.
    That's cool. If I had an orchestra at my disposal I would change my answer to NOTION BTW.

Can I have Cubase as my DAW with FruityLoops running as a plug-in? I know that's cheating, but I can't live without my FL Studio. It just does some jobs a million times more quickly than the big name DAWs.

And for a library I want to cheat again and count all the VIs as one orchestral library.

ATARI ST + Cubase + My first Casio keyboard

Cheers!!!!

Justus
    rothermusic.de

Go Back to forum