• Register
  • Help

Topic: 2 quick ones about GVI 4

Share/Bookmark

2 quick ones about GVI 4

Considering upgrading, to Tascam GVI 4, but can't find the answers for the following:

Is the Giga editor - that (i believe) comes with GS 2/3 - included with the GVI 4 as well? and if not, can you outline how much freedom you have of customizing/altering *.gig files and saving them under a new name?

Can GVI 4 read the GS3 24 bit 32 layers format?

Thanks
    Marry Xmas
    /T.
    Kid: When I become an adult I wanna be a musician.
    Parent: Son, you cannot become both.

Re: 2 quick ones about GVI 4

>Is the Giga editor - that (i believe) comes with GS 2/3 - included with the GVI 4 as well? and if not, can you outline how much freedom you have of customizing/altering *.gig files and saving them under a new name?

99.999% certain that it's not included. You can't save an altered instrument as a new .gig without it, but you can alter anything about the .gig's settings and save as a .gsi from within GVI. That goes for every sample parameter except unity note (but of course you can pitchshift at the instrument level =/- 13 semitones) and channel offset (not applicable in GVI anyway), dimension controller (eg, change round-robin to random), DEF settings, and iMIDI (GVI4's iMIDI appears to access just the rules that have been applied already, so you can't, for example, change a mono mode rule to a controller-triggered, but you can alter the rules that are included in an instrument).

>Can GVI 4 read the GS3 24 bit 32 layers format?

Definitely.

Belbin

Go Back to forum