• Register
  • Help

Topic: Atmosphere 1.0 to 1.2 probs w/Vista

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere 1.0 to 1.2 probs w/Vista

Hi,

A new PC (old one died) running Vista (Home Premium) and I'm reinstalling all my software. Atmosphere gives me the usual "Unable to get the name of Atmosphere.dat file" when trying to run the 1.2 update. The solution was to run SpectraMove and "move" it to the same location to update the registry. Doing that (or trying to move it anywhere) gives me a "Unable to move I/O error" message.

Naturally I have a pressing deadline with everything closed for Holidays, etc.

Help?

Thanks,

Dave

Re: Atmosphere 1.0 to 1.2 probs w/Vista

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWalton
    Hi,

A new PC (old one died) running Vista (Home Premium) and I'm reinstalling all my software. Atmosphere gives me the usual "Unable to get the name of Atmosphere.dat file" when trying to run the 1.2 update. The solution was to run SpectraMove and "move" it to the same location to update the registry. Doing that (or trying to move it anywhere) gives me a "Unable to move I/O error" message.

Naturally I have a pressing deadline with everything closed for Holidays, etc.

Help?

Thanks,

Dave
    Answering my own question... "run as administrator" for the update and move .exe's solved the problem.

Go Back to forum