• Register
  • Help

Topic: sampletekk black grand close - velocity problems

sampletekk black grand close - velocity problems

(duplicate post from piano forum)

Anyone use sampletekk black grand? I have close and medium ambient mic positions, and have found some problems with the "close" samples. I'm using it with kontakt 2.

I'm using variation no.2 with the samples laid out in a linear response, and I'm just going through the different velocity layers by manually changing the velocity value. I've found that:
    1. there is a jump in volume (4-5db) at going from velocity 79 to 80
    2. the samples above 112 sound compressed and absurd (so I removed them)
    3. f#5 and g5 seem to be several dynamics level stronger than surrounding keys
    4. f5 is considerably weak

Not sure if there's already a version that's got these problem fixed.. I already fixed 1 and 2, but for 3,4 and other problems involving individual keys, I really don't want to go through the trouble.. I want to practice, and not become a virtual piano technician. Anyone else notice these problems?

The black grand is such an awesome sampleset, I can swear if someone tweaked it enough, it'll be the ultimate cheap piano library that can easily blow away most of the more expensive ones. I think it definitely kills the NI akoustic steinwey. The black grand's hard to beat at $50 per mic position.. ($25 now because of the group buy thing)

Wink Re: sampletekk black grand close - velocity problems

Ladies And Gentlemen,.............................

Some guy from France posted this, check the read me file.

Go Back to forum