• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't see Personal Orchestra in Pro Tools/Cubase etc.

Share/Bookmark

Can't see Personal Orchestra in Pro Tools/Cubase etc.

I can only use the Garritan Personal Orchestra in stand alone mode. I wish to use it as a plug in with Pro-Tools but Pro-tools does not even see it in the instruments. Can anyone advise me as to what I'm doing wrong.

I am using an iMac Intel 2.14 with OS10.4. Anyadvice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Sam

Re: Can't see Personal Orchestra in Pro Tools/Cubase etc.

Hi, Sammy

The GPO VST .dll file has to be in the folder that your program refers to for finding VSTs. Sounds like that step was skipped when you installed GPO, but that's OK - go to the program folder with GPO, and copy the VST .dll file and paste it into VST folder along with the rest of your instruments.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

ProTools doesn't support VST plugins, you would need to buy the adapter thingy for it which is around $100. Or just reinstall GPO and be sure to select the RTA version of the Kontakt Player to install. ProTools should automatically recognize it then.

AH! Thanks for that info, Luke--Dang it, I knew that but forgot--I want to remember. Pro Tools, super cool and expensive program, but no VST support without an expensive adapter. Odd---but there it is!

Randy B.

Randy,
    Looks as though they over charge for EVERYTHING related to ProTools ... Just because they can grrrr

in fact you each owe Digidesign $5 for mentioning Pro-Tools in a public place...dang..
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

No need to buy any adapter. Just make sure you've installed the RTAS version of GPO, then load it as a plugin-insert into an aux or instrument track.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff - I understood that Pro Tools needs the RTAS version of GPO which is readily available, so for that there's nothing else to buy. Good clarification.

The thing with getting the Pro Tools VST adapter, is that there is such a huge wealth of VST instruments and effects, many of them free, which users could then have access to.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum