• Register
  • Help

Topic: Symphonic choirs on new intel macBook pro

Share/Bookmark

Cool Symphonic choirs on new intel macBook pro

First of all: Hello everyone!
    Then:
    Has anyone run into issues using Symphonic choirs with Cubase 4, Leopard, and new Intel MacBook Pro? Cubase won't even display the plugin and will crash when opening any files previously using it ;( (The standalone does work, though)

Re: Symphonic choirs on new intel macBook pro

Quote Originally Posted by FODOR
    First of all: Hello everyone!
    Then:
    Has anyone run into issues using Symphonic choirs with Cubase 4, Leopard, and new Intel MacBook Pro? Cubase won't even display the plugin and will crash when opening any files previously using it ;( (The standalone does work, though)
    no Kompakt-based plug-in will work on intel Macs. You need to run it in Kontakt 2.2 or higher for it to work. I don't even think Wordbuilder will work.

I'm on a PPC Mac and it works very well in Cubase 4.1 mind you. Wait until EW releases a PLAY version or else buy Kontakt 3. It's pretty cool anyhow.

Cool Re: Symphonic choirs on new intel macBook pro

Thanks, this is what I was afraid/about to guess ;-)) I do have Kontackt 3 but I'm still wondering how this can help me to open previously saved files as the presence of a symphonic choirs instrument crashes cubase.
    For wordbuilder, I believe version 1.6 is supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by FODOR
    Thanks, this is what I was afraid/about to guess ;-)) I do have Kontackt 3 but I'm still wondering how this can help me to open previously saved files as the presence of a symphonic choirs instrument crashes cubase.
    For wordbuilder, I believe version 1.6 is supposed to work.
    That's Kontakt 3 that's crashing Cubase.. Try upgrading to the most recent version and you'll be okay. With Cubase you only need to import the multis from SC into Kontakt 3. The Wordbuilder should show up on MIDI tools box.

No; I do have Kontakt 3 (upgraded too and never crashed so far)... but it is not used in the project using SC that crashes Cubase...

Go Back to forum