• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking for a home for a Proteus 1/XR

Share/Bookmark

Looking for a home for a Proteus 1/XR

I am in serious cleaning mode in my office/studio.
    I recently sold my Proteus 3/World, but still have a Proteus 1 & 2.
    With my virtual instrument library, I never use the Emu modules.
    I think I will hang on to the Proteus 2/orchestral a while longer.

The Proteus 1 works just fine, but the data dial (you use to select sounds manually) sometimes lags behind while turning but you eventually get the choice you want. If you choose sounds via your computer, then no problem at all.

They do not get much on Ebay, so I am just going to give this away to someone here who could really use it. I would not mind being reimbursed for shipping (USA only), but that will not stop me if I find the right person.

I know this is not about Garritan sounds, but I thought it would be a good place to find a home for my Proteus 1 and many of us collect gear AND sounds!
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Re: Looking for a home for a Proteus 1/XR

Indiana!

I am very interested! - Garritan Libraries are the core sound sources for all my work, and that's not going to change. But I love hardware modules, and still use my Korg X5dr. I used to be so envious of owners of the Proteus 1. When it was hot, I could never quite justify the expense.

If the Proteus lived here in my little home studio, I can assure you it would be well fed, and would be made to feel like a productive - though secondary "go to" kind of guy for bolstering up tracks and the like.

Christmas has been by observation this year - Enjoying the lights, enjoying the good cheer around the city, but we've not been in a position to spend any money, so gift exchanging had to be shelved this year.

But maybe, if this works out, Christmas will have ended up having a nice surprise for me after all, in the way of goods I mean. I don't feel bereft of good energy and love from the Universe.

Let me know!
    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

I could use one for my Linux Rig...I'll even drive down to Seymour & pick it up...goes for the /1 or the /2

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Oh No! - Looks like Jim and I are arm-wrestling for the Proteus!

I can't drive to Seymour to pick it up, but I'll certainly cover the shipping expenses.

Randy B. - (looking wistfully at the space in his studio where he's been visualizing the Proteus sitting there, snuggled in and ready to be useful)

I say split the Proteus in two --half to Randy, half to Jim... (there's a proverb in here somewhere)

Randy...
    I didn't even see your response...sorry!
    All yours,of course, if you want it. I'm 30 mi up the road from him...in fact I was there in Seymour this evening playing at a churchthat hires us every year for a 5pm Christmas Service.

2-3 pm in Indy, drive down 40 mi, play, drive back up 40 mi, play 1000 ft from my house at 11

I'm just killing time at home (obviously between Seymour & Indy) until I play again at 11.

Merry Christmas!!
    Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Actually. . . . I've been giving some thought to cleaning out my modest studio as well. I own one Proteus 1, TWO Proteus 2 (that's, two modules!), a Roland XV-3080, a Kurzweil MicroPiano, and an Alesis DM Pro. I have not made a definate decision, yet. But none of these modules are being used, at present. (I own a Receptor, by Muse Research, which covers my live gig situations.) If I was to part with any one of them, it would be the Proteus 1 sound module. It's not a Proteus 1XR, though. I never used it even when the studio was 100% hardware based.

Actually, I have more recording hardware including an Alesis ADAT which has very few hours of use on it, and a DA 30 DAT recorder (which has seen a lot of hours).

Now. . . I'm not all that ready to part with anything. As my loving wife can bare witness to, I hoard things. LOL!

But I really would not miss that Proteus 1. . . .

If anyone is interested (seeing how that there seems to be two people interested in the Proteus 1), PM me and we'll "talk".

Happy hardware hunting. . .

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

SOkay Jim - It's up to Indiana, when he gets back to the thread, whatever works best for him.

Cool, Ted - Here we have another offer. Well, let's see what happens.

WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE??---It's Christmas Eve!! LOL!

I'm about to go to dinner - be back on the morrow perhaps.

I'll go to sleep tonight and have visions of Sugar Proteuses dancing in my head.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

The solution

I have the solution.

Randy gets the Proteus 1/XR and Jim gets the Proteus 2/XR.

Merry Christmas you two!

Charles
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

THANX!!!! Very generous of you...much appreciated!

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Go Back to forum