• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Scherzo for Woodwinds and French Horn

Share/Bookmark

Scherzo for Woodwinds and French Horn

Here I'd like to present you a Scherzo for 2 Oboes, Clarinet, French Horn and Bassoom. Originally composed for a stringquartett. It starts somewhat like a wild horse ride but has some interesting counterpoint parts and a most lovely middle part. I hope you like it... Listen to it with full volume!

www.gerdprengel.de/scherzo_for_woodwinds.mp3

(formerly at esnips....)

Gerd

Re: Scherzo for Woodwinds and French Horn

gprengel:

I would love to hear your piece. How do I get it to play without joining anything?

sos

This is the website that tries to take over any computer that accesses it by displaying totally false and misleading pop-up ads.

I would suggest a change of location for your music.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

ooops, e-snips tried to hijack my computer again. I promised myself to stay away from e-snip posts and clicked on another without looking
    Trent P. McDonald

ups, I didn't know that there are these problems with ESnips. Thank you for the advice, and I am sorry some of you got in trouble because of this. I will stay away from this site from now on.

Then please got to
    www.gerdprengel.de/scherzo_for_woodwinds.mp3

Gerd

Hello, Gerd

Bravo for this invigorating Scherzo you've presented here for us!

I'm glad you moved the file away from Esnips. So many of us have trouble with that site, with all its pop-ups and entrapments. It seems to have become a bit of a mission on our part, to steer people away from that questionable site.

This is such a sure-footed, well-realized composition. I really enjoy the galloping 6/8 rhythm used throughout, and the well-considered changes of pace you've used throughout.

You asked us to listen at full volume - The one draw back to that is the distortion which happens at the peaks are emphasized when played back very loudly. I'm afraid your rendering has gone into the red here and there - I think you should try re-rendering this at a slightly lower volume.

Thank you very much for posting your music!

Randy B.

Hi Gerd,

Thanks to moving this from ESnips to a more viable site (ever since a traumatic and painful vasectomy many years ago, I avoid anything and everything containing the word "snips" ).

Other than the slight distortion at high volume (on my system, anyway), this was a delight to listen to. Definitely a fun, well-constructed piece; I enjoy almost anything in a quick triple meter, and you handled that feel quite admirably -- along with that changeup on the middle, as you pointed out.

Really nice piece, really nice handling of these woodwinds! Thanks for sharing this!

Danny

Thanks for changing this from e-snips.

An enjoyable scherzo. As Randy and Danny mentioned, there is a little distortion in the louder parts. Other than that it sounds great.

I really liked the change of pace from the galloping to the choral like section of the middle. I also enjoyed some of the more counterpunctual sections.

A great little romp here, as a good scherzo should be.
    Trent P. McDonald

A very well done scherzo, Gerd; I enjoyed listening.

(I, too, did notice a bit of clipping in the rendering, by
    the way.)

This adapted very, very well from the quartet -- indeed,
    it sounds like it was originally written for winds.

Perhaps this will be one of the cornerstones of a suite...?

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Gerd

I am also very happy you moved this away from that horrible e-snips. Now that I have had a chance to listen to the piece, I think you have shown a good grasp of thew winds.

There is a nice playful interaction between the instruments without any over-powering.

Scherzo's have always been my favorite parts of any suite. I assume that that is your intention to expand upon this.

Well done

Ron

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast