• Register
  • Help

Topic: I'm thinking of buying GPO

Share/Bookmark

I'm thinking of buying GPO

I plan on getting a new computer in a few months, but would want to install it on my older, current computer first. Is reinstalling GPO on a new computer a pain; is there anything I should keep in mind? With ezdrummer (drum vst) you can only install it 4 times, after that you are unable to install it on a new computer. Is GPO like that? Thanks!

Re: I'm thinking of buying GPO

i'm not really sure how it works, but i know this. i had it on my pc, then bought a mac and installed it on there, and it worked fine. i'm not sure if you get a couple installs, or if it can only be used at one instance a time or what. i just know that it worked. hope that helps.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

I think it's like alot of other programs were it only cares if you register a certain number of copies in a certain amount of time, but it will take into account people reformating or getting new machines.
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the owner of Native Instrument's Kontakt 2 Player can legally install and register the program on two computers. This has been true for me. (The Kontakt 2 Player, which "powers" the GPO library, is a Native Instrument product.)
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke
    I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the owner of Native Instrument's Kontakt 2 Player can legally install and register the program on two computers. This has been true for me. (The Kontakt 2 Player, which "powers" the GPO library, is a Native Instrument product.)
    Yep that is true, and if you ever replace one or more of those two computers, you just unregister the one(s) you replaced, and then register the new one(s).

Go Back to forum