• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Help With Garritan Studio

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Help With Garritan Studio

I recently recieved the Garritan Personal Orchestra version 3.0 and downloaded the Garritan studio.
    When I open the Garritan studio it says that no Garritan libraries are found and to reinstall the library. I have done this several times and still it wont work, any help will be appreciated.

Re: Help With Garritan Studio

Hi, Virtual

Very few people use Studio anymore, because in most situations it's not at all needed.

Your GPO has the sophisticated Kontact Player 2 sampler that came with it. You open up an instance of KP2, and then load the GPO instruments you want into it.

Randy B.

I agree with Randy. I think most of us use GPO either with a notation prog such as Finale or Sibelius or with a sequencer such as Sonar or Cubase. This is linked via the Kontakt Player 2 supplied with GPO. I don't know of any member here still using the Studio.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Hi, Michael - Happy Day After Christmas!

I had to say "very few people" and "most situations" because I do know of one member who managed to get Studio working for him--He seems to have needed to in order to use his old notation program, Noteworthy I think.

But that's an unusual situation. The point, Virtual, is that Studio is probably not needed by you. Check out the KP2 you now have with GPO - you can do a lot with it, Much more than you could with the old Studio program.

Randy B.

I had to say "very few people" and "most situations" because I do know of one member who managed to get Studio working for him--He seems to have needed to in order to use his old notation program, Noteworthy I think.
    I would like to use the studio because I use Noteworthy composer , and do not have a sequencer yet.
    But that's an unusual situation. The point, Virtual, is that Studio is probably not needed by you. Check out the KP2 you now have with GPO - you can do a lot with it, Much more than you could with the old Studio program.
    So far have found out how to configure the instruments & play with a digital keyboard but not how to use & record them without a sequencer. If there is any feature that I am missing, (I probably am missing something...) please let me know thanks,
    VS

I use the Garritan Studio on the Windows platform. But it configured itself automatically a long time ago (4 years!), so I do not know how to help really.

What platform do you use and what did you do to install?

Hello again--AH--So you're using the one program I mentioned as older and possibly one of the exceptions.

I suggest you look up member Gary "Fiziwig." He probably wouldn't mind you contacting him directly, and you may want to look at some of his threads first. When he first got involved a few months ago, he talked quite a bit about his special needs because of Noteworthy. And my memory is that he managed to get Studio working with that program, because for reasons I don't understand, KP2 didn't work with it - Ah, maybe because Noteworthy is a pre-VST program.

"...So far have found out how to configure the instruments & play with a digital keyboard but not how to use & record them without a sequencer..."

You won't find a way, because a host program, a sequencer or notation program, is needed - in your case Noteworthy. Libraries like GPO are the instruments used inside programs meant for composing.

The Studio had a function to render a track to .wav, but it seemed to be very rudimentary to me. I don't see how that could be what Gary "Fiziwig" is doing.

Contact him - He's running things the way you're talking about.

Randy B.

alright, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Michael - Happy Day After Christmas!

Randy B.
    There are more than a few users of Studio! It is far from dead. I expect to be using mine for much longer!

Richard

Angry Re: Help With Garritan Studio

I followed your advice rwayland, and found a thread where NWC Was set up with Midi Yoke.
    So now I have downloaded MidiYoke and succefully set it up with NWC,
    But I need to know how you change the input on Kontak 2,
    thanks

Go Back to forum