• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and Cubase SL3

Share/Bookmark

Question GPO and Cubase SL3

Being a RN and Clinical Information Systems Analyst by trade, tend to be slightly compulsive, notably on my DAW, and try to have plans laid out and thought through (proverbial Ducks in a row personality).

My DAW does not connect to the internet and I do all my registrations, patches and updates from this computer; Rt_Click/SaveAs to a jump drive.

C: Drive(80 GB) is for OS and applications that HAVE to be on the C:drive.

My sequencer is Cubase SL3 and my NI application is Absynth 4.04. Cubase is funny about where VST's are located; either in Steinberg/VSTPlugins or Steinberg/CubaseSL3/VSTPlugins/Synths, in the C:/Programs folder. NI has its own folder

My D: Drive is 250 GB for patches, samples, vst plugins, and soundfonts.
    My E: Drive is 250 GB For Audio files and projects.

Does the GPO and Kontak application have to be installed on the C drive with the instrument files?

Thanks in advance,

Martin
    "Among God's creatures two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes, in order not to be separated from the man." - Andre Segovia

Re: GPO and Cubase SL3

Hi Martin,

The Kontakt Application should be installed on the OS drive, however you can freely move the library files around. Kontakt Player 2, which runs GPO, will be installed under the Native Instruments Program Group. Go with that. It'll take ~500MB. The Garritan Stuff will then also ask for a folder. You can place this anywhere you like (the program files folder also won't hurt). Once install is complete you can then move the monolith sample files under the Library folder (.nks, I believe) to your sample drive. Launch an instance of KP2 and click the info tab, where you can specify the path to the library files.

Best,

Reegs

Question GPO and Cubase SL3 and KP2

Greetings and addenda:

Installed GPO3 as stand-alone and plugin, vst(s), and notation, without a hitch.

When I select my vst Instrument, I have 3 KP choices:
    KP2 <<<======= this is the one I use.
    KP2_16 out
    KP2_8 out
    In MasterKontrol when I look at the st.1 channel, and the st. 2 channel, my choices are KT. st1(1) , KT. st1(2) and KT. st2(1) , KT. st2(2) respectively, and then the surround and aux choices.

The pdf documentation is not that clear.

I put together some instruments, eflat Clarinet, Oboe solo, Bassoon solo, 4 more instruments. Just Getting familar with the GUI. Saved the project.

Get this message in SL3 if I reopen the project:
    The warning box in Cubase SL3 says,
    "VST Mixer Warnings (Saturday, January 05, 2008)
    ===============================

This mixer configuration expected "KontaktPlayer2" to have 7 Stereo, 14 Mono,
    -> The instrument currently has 2 Stereo, 1 5.1, 4 Stereo, 14 Mono,
    -> Change the instrument configuration before reloading this setup without saving
    ==============================="

I delete the 5.1 channel strip. I add 5 more strips but the choices remain
    KT. st1(1) , KT. st1(2) and KT. st2(1) , KT. st2(2) or KT uassigned (1-14).

After removing the 5.1 I then set as default, but it still shows in the VST Instruments subwindow.?

What should I do.

Thanks in advance.

Martin
    Last edited by Martin Taylor; 01-05-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: addition related information
    "Among God's creatures two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes, in order not to be separated from the man." - Andre Segovia

Re: GPO and Cubase SL3

I think I found it. Tried 6 instruments, and assigned instuments 1,3,5 to st.1 and instruments 2,4, and 6 to st. 2. Saved the project in Cubase, exited out of Cubase and re-opened and the nasty, little boggart did not re-appear.

Am wondering about a big project; if they have to be assigned only to st1 and st2 so be it.

Later,

Martin

Go Back to forum