• Register
  • Help

Topic: Absynth4 stereo out in Cubase?

Share/Bookmark

Absynth4 stereo out in Cubase?

Hi guys,

I come here from time to time, I like this place. There's power here.
    This is my first post.

Each time I plug Absynth4 in my Cubase projects (ie. almost each project), I have two problems when reopening them:
    1. A message telling me that Absynth was supposed to have 1 stereo and has instead 1.5.1... I cannot find out where to fix this! Is this in Absynth or in Cubase?
    2. Cubase freezing when loading a project - when loading Absynth4 - if there are some Waves masterization plugins in this project. The only solution I found is to temporarily take off Absynth4.dll from my VST folder, load the project, resave it without the Waves plungins (thus loosing automation tracks!), redrop Absynth4.dll in the VST folder and reload my project. Nice!
    Maybe have you any experiment of those?

Rgds
    Vincent

please, be kind with my poor english.
    Vincent MICHEL
    Computers are not bloodyer than pianos

Re: Absynth4 stereo out in Cubase?

if you don't use surround in cubase just use the "absynth4_srereo" this is the only one with stereo output !

Thanks, Home Studio 87.
    I suppose you're talking about an "absynth4_srereo" plug in the VSTi list?
    I don't have. Is it a misintalling of Absynth?
    BTW, when I add Absynth in a project, it's actually a 1.5.1 track.
    But when I reopen my saved project with this Absynth track, it's again a stereo one. I don't really understand what's going on...
    Thanks for your answer.
    V
    Vincent MICHEL

OK in your VSTplugins Directory you must have :
    Absynth4 FX2x8.dll / Absynth4 FX .dll / Absynth4 Stereo.dll / Absynth4 Surround.dll / Absynth4.dll /

use the "Absynth4 Stereo.dll" in cubase
    if U don't have All this plugins reinstall !

Vincent:

I was having the same problem....there is a patch out on the NI/Absynth website. Well the patch is a semi re-install of Absynth 4 (43.9 MB Winzip File)

Also, making a program list of patches stops my Absynth from causing Cubase to lock up.

When I upgraded from 3, 4 was a big change. Also, NI is really pushing KORE, and Absynth 4 was created with KORE in mind.

Martin
    "Among God's creatures two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes, in order not to be separated from the man." - Andre Segovia

OK, Home Studio, it's clear, I don't have all the DLL you mention: Absynth4 Stereo.dll is the only one missing...

Martin:
    I've found that patch, thanks. Among bug fixes, there is : "Cubase 4 stereo loader; bounce not 1:1". Should be the good one (145.1 MB instead of 43.9).
    Also, making a program list of patches stops my Absynth from causing Cubase to lock up.
    Absynth is a really strange synth!
    When I upgraded from 3, 4 was a big change. Also, NI is really pushing KORE, and Absynth 4 was created with KORE in mind.
    I don't know yet what exactly KORE is. Sure Absynth4 is quite different from 3, I first was disapointed. But finally not, I like it for all controllers and automation stuff. And sound.
    Let's go for one more install.
    Thanks, guys, that helps.
    Vincent MICHEL

Basically NI had changed the workflow, integrated the various audio engines to be used by the KORE Control Unit, and the KORE browser that you see in Absynth 4, that makes it appear radically different from 3.

The AUDIO KONTROL 1 is a high-end audio interface. Offering crystal-clear 192 kHz, 24 bit-quality, it is a sound card PLUS. it is combined with advanced MIDI key commands for full control of software applications; setup files for popular programs ensure it's hassle-free.

A friend of mine has it and it is SLICK.

Martin
    "Among God's creatures two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes, in order not to be separated from the man." - Andre Segovia

Thanks Martin, all seems now to be fixed.
    Home Studio: I have that Absynth4 Stereo.dll. Thanks.

I like when things work, I can work too.
    Vincent MICHEL

Wink Re: Absynth4 stereo out in Cubase?

I still have Absynth 3.

I can't afford to upgrade at the rate most people do.

.....But am I really missing much other than the headaches.

I'm glad Vincent was able to get some relief here!

Patthoven: I still often use Abs3 patches! Some are really great and require no tweaking.
    Well, you know, I'm now making my shopping list... I'll have to work hard first and, when I'll get half of the money I'd need, I'll have to change Absynth again, and Reaktor, and GigaStudio, my DSP card, my monitors, my... and my whole machine!
    Frustating!
    Vincent MICHEL

Go Back to forum