• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Orchestral Blues Waltz

Share/Bookmark

Orchestral Blues Waltz

Something a little different (again)

This is a blues-rock style(ish) piece with guitars, bass, drums and organ (hHammond rather than pipe). However, I have combined these with GPO strng ens, double bass, cello, trumpets, trombones and solo violin.

See what you think

Orchestral Bues Waltz

Re: Orchestral Blues Waltz

Howdy, Paul

Your preview announcement of this the other day had my appetite whetted - Your ad campaign worked!

NICE - ! - That's one fabulous, creative piece of work. It's been a number of decades now since I first heard the blend of orchestral and rock music, like "Moody Blues" being probably the primo example - and I've always loved the concept a lot.

This works great for me, and it's always a treat to hear your rip-roaring guitar work.

Thumbs Up from me, pal. Thanks!

Randy B.

Thank you so much Randy

The idea I have is to create an album of orchestral guitar work, do you think this is a viabe propostion?

I really respect your views Randy.

Hello again, Paul

There truly is an audience for everything under the sun. If I didn't think that, I wouldn't have poured so much time into my musical, "Dorian," which I knew from the get-go could never be the average listener's cup of tea.

The trick is not knowing how Large that potential audience is.

But with orchestral rock, I think the potential is large. There are plenty of "older" people who still can go for the orchestral-rock concept, as per my earlier post.

And something interesting is to see how young people seem to be tuning in more to the sound of orchestas, and more complex music - some saying it's due to exposure to so many video games which often have orchestral pieces created by some talented musicians.

In any case - YES I think it's a viable project. Sounds like that's the project you want to do, so you have to go for it! There aren't too many things more satisfying than getting an idea and seeing it through to the finish.

Randy B.

For this most part I hear a big Pink Floyd influence. I’m sure you weren’t trying for it, but some of the chords remind me a lot of the eagles “Hotel California”. And it still reminds me a little of Ronnie Montrose on the “Open Fire” album, but not nearly as much as the last thing you posted, which could have come off it.

Keep posting them - we can always listen to something different here.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    For this most part I hear a big Pink Floyd influence. I’m sure you weren’t trying for it, but some of the chords remind me a lot of the eagles “Hotel California”. And it still reminds me a little of Ronnie Montrose on the “Open Fire” album, but not nearly as much as the last thing you posted, which could have come off it.

Keep posting them - we can always listen to something different here.
    I also hear a Pink Floyd influence, but I think I have said that about some of your other works as well. This one reminds me of "Shine on you crazy diamond". I can't tell you why, just that it does.

This is a good thing to be akin to one of the greatest rock bands ever.

Shine On

Ron

Thank you for the good words folks

To my mind Pink Floyd are one of the greatest rock bands of all time, athough I don't feel influenced by them. Perhaps it's a subliminal effect hehe. If I could produce the sweet tones of David Gilmour I woud be a very happy man.

Thank you

Hey, if you're going to be "influenced", Paul, Pink Floyd
    is a hell of a good choice for it... lol.

Loved the guitar work in this! Just excellent!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thank you David

If I could choose a person I would like my playing to be like, it would be Jeff Beck. Unfortunately, I won't be able to play like him as long as I have a hole in a certain part of my anaotmy lol

But, I'm happy being me

Nice guitar work. It's all well done and clean.

Yes, I think there is a market for this. I'm not sure how much music those aging boomers buy though I think it depends on how you market it.

Maybe market it as a romantic rock album to spice things up.

I think I would use a real drummer if possible for a little more drive and toughness to counter the strings.

I saw Beck years ago with Rod Stewart. He made the concert worth seeing.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast