• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ivory users-Question??

Share/Bookmark

Ivory users-Question??

I own Ivory too and was interested in some feedback.
    I love the Steinway in this sample library. One of the things I really like
    is the close full intimate sound. I realize that the other pianos are different
    (Yamaha, Bose, Italian Grand). But, has anyone been able to get this type of sound from any of the other pianos in this library? Is it the close miking
    that is missing from the other libraries. The other pianos (to my ears) just don't have the same presence that the Steinway has. They all sound a bit more
    distant and not as full sounding. I'm interested in what other Ivory owners think. Are you hearing the same thing? for example, I know that the Yamaha
    C7 is a much brighter piano, but i was hoping to hear the same presence/clarity as the Steinway. I can't seem to get that from any of the other pianos.

thanks,

Tom

Re: Ivory users-Question??

Heh...

Just want to note that I DIDN'T like the Yamaha and the Bosendorfer so I actually deleted both pianos and only left the Steinway to my system. Saved 20-25 GB this way! And no, I'm not kidding.

I too like the Steinway best, and tend to lean toward it on most projects.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    Heh...

Just want to note that I DIDN'T like the Yamaha and the Bosendorfer so I actually deleted both pianos and only left the Steinway to my system. Saved 20-25 GB this way! And no, I'm not kidding.
    I did the exact opposite and only use the Yamaha. I did grow up with a real Yamaha so that could have something to with my preference of that sound.

Go Back to forum