• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Adventure Movie Trailer Music!

Share/Bookmark

Adventure Movie Trailer Music!

Okie dokie, this is a really short piece but yet it still took a long time to make as I was going for a real authentic sound since this track might be featured in an upcoming movie trailer

http://www.samdillardmusic.com/music/AdvTrailer.mp3

GPO is used quite a bit in this, but you may not be able to tell due to the mixing, and it has an intentional quasi-generic feel, but I was just going for something that was familiar and fun during its brief existence, lol

Thanks for listening

Re: Adventure Movie Trailer Music!

Hi, Sam

I'd say you certainly achieved your goals--It does indeed sound like a cinematic orchestra, and it's really fun the way I kept thinking I knew what movie it's from but the answer kept eluding me since what you actually did was manage to conjur a dozen movie themes simultaneously. Almost a parody of the genre. Sounds great!

The graphic you posted isn't coming up by the way.

"You'll believe a man can - be an orchestra!"

Randy B.

this was a awesome sounding piece. i loved the little modulations in there - it gave the piece a very sophisticated feel. it easily could have been a trailer or even a theme song for a western or star trek type show. great job on the writing. i also really liked the mixing job. what daw.reverb/anything did you use?
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Thanks! I used Cubase for the composition, and two reverbs (convolution, then a slight mastering reverb)

Rbrowser- what graphic do you mean?

is www.samdillardmusic.com your website?
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

You certainly have the style and sound down – this does sound like the coming attractions at the theater. Very nicely done.
    Trent P. McDonald

rBOWser here (no R after the B) - Never mind my early thing about the graphic. The smiley face on your post wasn't working when I first listened to your movie trailer music, and I thought it might have been a special image you were adding to your post.

Never mind. Still love the trailer.

Randy B.
    (rBOWser)

Ah ok, oh and sorry about the typo, I usually make mistakes somewhere in my ranting lol

It gets and keeps your attention and that is probably what you are shooting for.

I can see everyone from Jean-Luc Picard to Superman showing up.

To me it sounded like it had a little too much treble but that is probably just the samples you are using. I'm not sure.

You are quite the craftsman!

Phil

Well done! - You certainly have captured the movie feel on this and the dynamics of a big movie score. Not seeing the video places us listeners at a big disadvantage though.

thanks for sharing - Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast