• Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: A Winters Dream

Share/Bookmark

A Winters Dream

In dreams anything can happen.

A Winters Dream is using

GPO

Cellos Lush, Basses Lush, Violins 1 Lush, Full Organ, Steinway Piano, English Horn 1 Solo, Violin 1 Gagli Plar1, Timpani KS, Full Strings KS, Cymbals, Chromatic Harp, Snares KS, French Horn Solo

CMB

TPTGRP-Solo 1 KSM, FRHORNGROUP 1 KSM,

Philharmonic

Split Choir OH EXPRE, Male OH MF, Brass Drama

SampleTank

Brass Ld Synth, LiteCrunch MOD, B-3 Organ Vib 1, Fretless Acoustic Bass

Martin D-16 Acoustic Guitar

http://www.box.net/shared/iifj0fykos

Re: A Winters Dream

Phil

I had to look Shelton up on the map. Closest I have ever been was around Olympia. I have been to Bremerton and North on the pennisula a few times, but got there by Ferry.

I see you made the most of your snow day by bringing us this wonderful piece.

I used to have a 1972 Martin 12 string. Bookmatched rosewood, the best sounding guitar I have ever owned. LIke most of the best things in my life, it was stolen.

Love the begininng of this with the deep and fullness of the strings , and then the organ joining in.

A very enjoyable piece to listen to.

Ron

A really BIG production from you, Phil - Wow--The largest, most symphonic thing I recall hearing from you.

And I had a Great time listening - The direct, driving, rock-like progression of the opening - The sudden and unexpected shift to Super soft choir, then the full, somewhat Western flavored celebratory final section. WHew!--It's stunning.

Good work my friend! A possessive S, as in Winter's Dream - and you'll be even closer to perfection. (in-joke)

Randy B.

Ron

I'm happy you enjoyed it. The first part was probably more to your liking but I tried to be a little experimental on all of it.

The snow was spotty today but measurable at a few hundred feet up. It was just best to stay off the roads if possible.

I had a Martin D-35(three piece back)since 1975 which I sold because of carpal tunnel syndrome but had the operation a few years ago which cured it.

Randy

Thank You much Randy.

It's pretty easy to tell I'm just an old rock N' Roller isn't it.

I've been watching those YouTube rock videos.

The second part was something I was playing with a few years ago but it needed more. The guitar lead is a tribute to Jimmy Webb's Wichita Lineman. He was 21 when two of his songs received eight Grammys in 1967.

Not bad for an OKie.

Oh, I intensionally avoided the possessive on winters and didn't want the singular so I opted for creative english.

Phil

Phil,

I enjoyed hearing your 'winters dream', in all its moods and colors. I liked especially the choir part and wished it were longer...
    Well done
    Thank you for sharing this with us.

Yudit

Hi Phil,

You really caught my attention with that opening dramatic bass line. You never lost it from there, through the tranquil choral section into the folk-rock feel you use to bring everything to a rousing finish (nice guitar work in there!). Cool piece of music! Thanks for sharing this!

Danny

Yudit

Thanks for posting comments. I'm glad you liked it.

I know things I do seem a little short but the ear I am mainly aiming my music for has a pretty short attention span. I'm sort of working within the frame work of a three minute pop song on everything I do.

Maybe I'm just lazY.

Danny

It's nice that you dug it.

You know, I wasn't sure what I was going to end up with when I started this one but I whittled on it until it worked.

Phil

Unconventional, but engrossing -- from the impactful minimalism
    of the opening to that gorgeous central chorale and out the
    other end on the rock-influenced closer... there's a dream-like
    stream-of-consciousness skip-stones-on-the-lake sense to
    this that brought me back for four passes, Phil.

To the best of my knowledge, I've listened to all that you've
    done over the past couple of years, my friend; and this is by far
    head and shoulders above the rest. Whence this springs I don't
    pretend to understand; but both the quality of the work and the
    thinking behind it
    really caught my attention.

I hope you'll travel this road further, Phil. There's something at
    the end of it worth reaching.

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Phil -

This was a very cool dream to "listen" to! I appreciate the "rock influence" found in this composition! I also appreciate the different "moods" and "sonic colors" that help create the Winter Dream. This is a very nice composition.

I see that you utilized a number of different instrumental libraries! Isn't it cool to have a wide range of choices when sequencing??? Nice work!

Thanks for sharing your music!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Very beautiful music. I find your merging of different styles very effective. Captivating creative work. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast