• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need Help With Finale And Cmb

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Need Help With Finale And Cmb

I need help with Garritan Concert/Marching Band. I just received this for Christmas and am having trouble getting it to work with Finale 2007. I am familiar with Finale as I have been using it for several years. There are two problems. The first is that when I start a new score with the wizard and choose the instrumentation all the instruments are available to use BUT when I finish the wizard I get an error message and some of the instruments I have chosen do not show up in the score - only a staff with no instrument assigned to it. This seems to happen with some of the more uncommon instruments like mellophones, tenor horns, helicons, Eb instruments and a lot of (most of) the percussion. At first I thought it might be that I was trying to use too many instruments at one time but I had the same problem when trying to write a solo mellophone piece. This is what the error message said"FILE WAS NOT FOUND.PLEASE CHECK IF LIBRARY IS INSTALLED CORRECTLY". The second problem is that NONE of the instruments will playback(NO SOUND) when the "Play Finale through Native Instruments VST" option is checked. I can uncheck it and have sound but then there is no Garritan Ambience. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? The GPO Finale version works fine.
    Thanks

Re: Need Help With Finale And Cmb

tlcinc-

The error message means that there was an installation issue and the sound sample was not found. Within that window it should give you that option to browse for the sounds - this will allow you to set the path to where the actual sounds are located on your computer.

You can also reinstall the Con/Marching sounds making sure to manually select(click browse and then select the folder) your application folder(mac) or your program files folder (win). This was probably the issue.

Let us know if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcinc
    I need help with Garritan Concert/Marching Band. I just received this for Christmas and am having trouble getting it to work with Finale 2007. I am familiar with Finale as I have been using it for several years. There are two problems. The first is that when I start a new score with the wizard and choose the instrumentation all the instruments are available to use BUT when I finish the wizard I get an error message and some of the instruments I have chosen do not show up in the score - only a staff with no instrument assigned to it. This seems to happen with some of the more uncommon instruments like mellophones, tenor horns, helicons, Eb instruments and a lot of (most of) the percussion. At first I thought it might be that I was trying to use too many instruments at one time but I had the same problem when trying to write a solo mellophone piece. This is what the error message said"FILE WAS NOT FOUND.PLEASE CHECK IF LIBRARY IS INSTALLED CORRECTLY". The second problem is that NONE of the instruments will playback(NO SOUND) when the "Play Finale through Native Instruments VST" option is checked. I can uncheck it and have sound but then there is no Garritan Ambience. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? The GPO Finale version works fine.
    Thanks
    Hi...do you have the 2007a updater? If not, you MUST download it and install it. MUST. As in not optional.
    Assuming a PC, do you have the .DLL file in the FinaleVST folder? The text file? Are all .DLLs properly located?

But go nab that 2007a updater. NOW.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Question Re: Need Help With Finale And Cmb

I tried the reinstall with the same results. I am running Finale 20072 . Does this version still need the updater? The CMB text file is in the Finale VST folder as well as the Garritan Ambience .dll and Kontakt2 .dll and the gpo2instrument text file Should there be any others?

Okay, I have made a little headway. I installed the updater and now the playback issue seems to have been corrected (I no longer get error messages). HOWEVER, the scoring problem still exist. Here is an example. I open a new document with setup wizard. I choose CMB and add lets say Eb cornet solo, Mellophone solo1, Tenor Horn solo1, TBone solo1, Helicon solo1, Bass Drum small, Bass Drum large, Snare drum and Tenor drum. I continue through the wizard and when the score appears this is what I get. The only named staves are Cornet(not the Eb), Eb horn(Mellophone solo1???)Trombone, Bass drum1, Bass drum 2 and 4 un-named staves in treble cleff. I can place notes on the unamed staves and they actually play correct intruments but there are no key signatures and the cleffs are wrong. Any ideas?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tlcinc
    I tried the reinstall with the same results. I am running Finale 20072 . Does this version still need the updater? The CMB text file is in the Finale VST folder as well as the Garritan Ambience .dll and Kontakt2 .dll and the gpo2instrument text file Should there be any others?
    The original Finale 2007 was flawed in its relation to VST instruments. I don't know what you mean by "2007 2." When you call it up, you should see Finale 2007a in the upper left. If you don't see that, go to the MakeMusic website, and get the 2007a updater, install it, and all should be well.

If you do indeed have 2007a, we'll go from there
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Before I ran the updater it showed to be version 20072. Now it shows in "about Finale" to be version 2007c.r2

Red face Re: Need Help With Finale And Cmb

The upper left does now show Finale 2007c but in "About Finale" it shows version 2007c.r2. BTW thanks for helping me. It is very frustrating to have this great program and not be able to use it.
    Tim

Go Back to forum