• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigasamples

I currently have software that plays gigasamples but doesn\'t create them. I would like someone to turn a few brass wave samples into giga samples for me.(for home use only, no copyright stuff) any offers please (Willing to pay if required) I would buy Gigasampler/studio and do it myself, but I\'ve got Windows XP and I am not too happy with some of the advice on the web? What is needed with XP?

Re: Gigasamples

Just got XP Pro a couple days ago, and I\'m luvin it so far. As far as requirments go, I believe I\'d heard something about Giga on XP requiring ASIO GSIF compatable soundcard (ie - no longer works with SoundBlasters) though I haven\'t tested this myself. I\'ve got a gig of ram working with none of the old win98 \"too much memory\" issues, and even just started playing around with screen switching from sequencing comp to giga comp so I don\'t have to crane my head to see a different monitor.

So basically, I highly recomend the upgrade, and can vouch that it works great (so far, [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) with a Delta 4/4 at least.

Re: Gigasamples

many thanks for the reply. I\'ll look at some of the latest sound cards now.

Go Back to forum