• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: OT: Prayers for my Mom.

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb OT: Prayers for my Mom.

I'm requesting prayers from all my friends here at the greatest forum on the net. I think some here already know that my Mom, who is 85, has dementia and i have been taking care of her for many years.

She no longer has a brain tumor, so the worst stuff we went through a few years ago, her hallucinating, paranoia, screaming fits and stuff, stopped long ago and she has mostly been at peace most of the time.

The dementia is hard enough to deal with, but no where near as hard as that was, but she recently began to start to get worse, maybe about two months ago.

Yesterday she was in relatively good shape, i gave her a sandwich and some juice, and a little later gave her some more to eat with some milk. She looked good both times, but about thirty minutes later i checked and she had her head turned sideways on her pillow, was very pale, had her eyes turned downward toward the pillow, as if gravity was doing that rather than her looking at the pillow.

She would not respond at all or look up, and was limp, so i called an ambulance. She got better while they were checking her out, and even better when we got to the hospital.

They found urinary track infection and showed me that her leg was swolen and that she was refusing to move her leg. I didn't know her leg was that way, but that is why she stopped letting me thake her for walks about two weeks ago.

The last time she walked, she could have injured it, or possibly even broke or fractured a bone. They are going to x-ray to see.

She had gotten worse enough that even before my blunder of not realizing she may have an injury, my two sisters had been going around looking at what skilled nursing facility we could get her into, and we found one we like. The hospital stay is going to help on that, because now we have the refferal that the place we picked said would speed things up.

But it's kinda traumatic for my Mom, because she doesn't know where she is, and since she will try to pull out the IV, and probes and everything, they have to put her wrists in restraints.

I have learned how to have conversations with someone who has advanced dementia. She say mostly things that don't make much sense, but to her it is around 1940, and through prayer, she is no longer worrying about a soon coming war. I just use some of the words she's says and i asks her questions and also I bring up more recent things. Occasionally she answers a question of recent events and occasionally thanks me for helping her.

I'm praying that she get stronger after this antibiotics and whatever is wrong with her leg will heal, that she will be at peace at a the nursing home, that i will be able to make an income and still be able to spend some time with her each day (haven't worked in very long time), but also thank God for all His help already which has been a lot.

She prayed with me the day before this, and repeated exactly every word i said, including the end where we placed everything into His hands.

So I thank everyone who prayed before, and will very much appreciate you joining with us in prayer. In the Bible, Jesus said:

Mat 18:18-20 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

So in the name of Jesus, i loose blessings of healing and peace and the presence of God to her and to all of of you, Amen.

I hope anyone who not a Christian and will join with us in this cause in your own way, for your thoughts are also very much appreciated.

David

Re: OT: Prayers for my Mom.

Hi David,

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is doing badly again. I have prayed for her and will continue to pray for her and for you and the rest of your family. If I can help in any other ways or if you need to talk, please PM me.

Take Care,
    Steph

Smile Re: OT: Prayers for my Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Hi David,

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is doing badly again. I have prayed for her and will continue to pray for her and for you and the rest of your family. If I can help in any other ways or if you need to talk, please PM me.

Take Care,
    Steph
    Thank you very much Steph, you are so kind, and i remember you have experience going through this. I will take you up on the offer to talk after i get some sleep, i'm running kinda low on sleep right now, because of all the things i had to do after i got home, finding papers and stuff.

Thanks!
    David

David -

Please know that your mom, you and your family are held in our thoughts and prayers. Our prayers to your mom for healing and for Peace. . . .

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Hi David,
    I will pray for you and your Mom and also your siblings.

I hope you get some good rest.

Dan

I will. It is hard to see your beloved mother this way, I know. Joining in, for sure........

Raymond

I will also pray for you. I have a grandmother who pretty much went through the same thing. It was hard on all my family.

Peace

rikp

My deepest prayers are with your mother and your family in this time of need and always.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Leaf, you and your mother will be in my prayers. Take strength in the Lord, and do not forget to thank Him for all that he has done for you. You are a very blessed person!

David,

I, too, will add you and your mother to my list of prayer concerns. Your sharing of your concerns has already been of help to me as my step-mother has just recently started down that dark road. You have given me direction for dealing with her mental wanderings and for that I am most grateful.

Matthew 18:
    "19When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. 20And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I’ll be there.” (The Message)
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Go Back to forum