• Register
  • Help

Topic: Shortest Day

Share/Bookmark

Red face Shortest Day

I just can't stand letting Solstice pass without some kind of music. I'm not going to post this. I'm not going to post this. I'm not -- like hell I'm not: <embed src="http://www.box.net/static/flash/box_explorer.swf?widgetHash=2jlkwj7s4w&cl=0" width="460" height="345" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>
    ahhh - I just couldn't help it.

tony h
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Re: Shortest Day

Quote Originally Posted by jamiha
    I just can't stand letting Solstice pass without some kind of music.
    Ours was a week ago today, and I completely forgot to mark it in any way.

Uh...doesn't Soltice happen at the same time everywhere on Earth?
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Yes - both right, it just took that seven days to decide to post it.
    It is taken directly from the midi file only. I am working through two midi mixing courses with some phone consultant backup. On the last phone session, I had this mix on the screen (oops) and added two effects channels that in the course of discussion got added to the rendition that already had reverb. Messed it up pretty good. So instead of getting to something decent, wound up with the midi file only.
    It will take a few weeks to go back and re-do what I had but I need the practice anyway. So it's not only late, but rough. Both of you are professionally capable of producing terrific music. I wish I could have just listened to something you did and not felt the need to make a belated and unfinished post.

Thanks for your mixing tutorial Dan. Thanks for your helpful forum posts Pingu.
    tony h
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Go Back to forum