• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Nordic concerto for violin and orchestra.

Cool Nordic concerto for violin and orchestra.

Hi everybody!

This is my first post here, so welcome to listen to my Nordic concerto for violin and orchestra Op.48

In this concerto both the solo violin and the orchestra has a dominant roll.

One odd little detail maybe is that there are only 3 clarinets in the woodwind section. I wanted to have a dark melancolic sound colour throughout the first movement which is also dedicated to the two famous filmdirectors:
    Ingmar Bergman and Woodie Allen.

Why Woodie?
    well, I know he worships Bergman and loves to sometimes improvise on his clarinet in Manhattan.

If you know him, ask him if he wants to listen

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::
    first mov: http://www.esnips.com/doc/5e4d79bc-9...rto-for-violin

2nd: http://www.soundclick.com/members/de...422&autoplay=1

3rd: http://www.esnips.com/doc/ba3f8284-a...nd-solo-violin

4th: http://www.esnips.com/doc/842ed3a0-6...on-of-EURIDICE

violin notes first page : http://www.esnips.com/doc/5de08f42-c...notes---page-1
    violin notes second page: http://www.esnips.com/doc/bff8af93-c..._violin-notes2
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::
    Last edited by Fredrik; 01-03-2008 at 07:07 AM. Reason: edit text

Re: Nordic concerto for violin and orchestra.

WOW! and WELCOME to the Forum!

I am so happy to see you here Fredrik!

You will benefit so greatly by posting your wonderful compositions and sharing your vast creativity here as well as this forum benefiting from your insights, reviews, and comments.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Excellent music. You handle thematic development and orchestration very well. I write this after hearing only your first movement. I look forward to hearing the rest. You are using GPO instruments, aren't you?

Thanks for posting your fine music. Please tell us more about yourself.

Larry G. Alexander

Hi Larry,

Yes, I use GPO.

I'm glad that my Nordic concerto is appreciated. Why Nordic? Well, partly because I composed this melody in Sweden 1979. At that time I was studying elementary music theory in Stockholm, where I was born 1959.

The melody of the first movement only had a simple arrangement. It wasn't until last year when I first started to orchestrate for GPO, which has inspired me a lot because of the wonderful-sounding instruments of the Garritan Orchestra.

Back in Sweden I played cello in several orchestras, which made me familiar with the orchestral sound. I also listened a lot to the big masters like Wagner, Bruckner, Mahler and Richard Strauss when I went to concert halls and the opera.

The reason why I have joined is because Michael A. Wiktor recommended me to.

I look forward to hearing other members' music as well as sharing my own. I will post a video score of the first movement soon!

I'm preparing this four-movement work so it can be performed somewhere.

Hey Fredrik

Welcome to the real world! I think you will be very happy here as compared to that that other place so far far away.

I know that you want to jump in here whole heartedly and show your skills right off and you have done so very well. Just a little hint though, few here will have the time to go thru all 4 movements, so next time I suggest you post them one at a time and that way people will get the chance to hear them all.

There are a number of very qualified and highly talented composers here and I think you will enjoy it here.

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the Forum, Fredrik!

I'm certainly glad that Michael became aware of you and your music and suggested you get involved here.

I've heard the first movement and was entranced. Marvelous sense of drama and never flagging energy. So strong and sure.

I look forward to hearing the other movements - Ron knows from experience that to most a large work all at once isn't the most practical thing to do.

By the way, I hesitated to go to Esnips for this, that site has so many pop-ups, and the player doesn't work for me and a number of people. I've discovered that one can use the preview MP3 player widget though. I'm very glad I went ahead and clicked on your Esnips link so I could take a listen.

I'll be back - THanks for being here and bringing such exciting music.

Randy B.

Bravo I agree with everyone else! simply wonderful.

Sweden, baby!
    Regards Danial Zainali
    Reinvent powdered wigs!

Wink Re: Nordic concerto for violin and orchestra.

Tjänare där i stugan!

Jag bodde i Jämtland en gång i tiden, det var kallt men väldigt vackert och inspirerande. Det var på den tiden jag hade en annan fruga

Förresten så var jag i Norrland och hälsade på min gamle vän Ralph Lundsten, du vet elektron kompositören från Norrländska skogarna. Gjorde en dokumentär film som jag faktiskt även säljer på Tradera om du diggar hans musik?

Lyssnade på en av dina shyssta fugor, den var helt okej altså
    Skall lyssna mera efter nästa kaffe kopp med dopp

Vi hörs snart igen då! Fredrik.
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::
    English version of Mail:

Tjänare där i stugan!
    (Där i stugan), typical expression in the northern part of Sweden : )
    Hi there, at your place!
    I lived in Jämtland (region in the middle of Sweden) once upon a time, it was so beautiful and inspiring!
    It was at the time I had another wife. By the way, I was in the north of Sweden 2006 visiting my old friend and famous Swedish electronic composer Ralph Lundsten, doing a documentary about him. If you like his music you can check it out at Tradera: http://www.tradera.com/auction/aucti...x?aid=54663103

Listenened to your fugue, cool stuff, I enjoyed it!

Talk to you soon then!

Thanks for all the generous and mature comments of my Nordic notes!
    Last edited by Fredrik; 12-30-2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: translate swedish mail to english mail.

Shelton, Washington State

Quite an ambitious undertaking here. It's very impressive.

I hope you can get it placed with an orchestra.

I have a 3rd cousin and his mother in Stockholm but the rest reside in the north.

Hi Fastlane!

Glad you took a moment to listen!

Still have to transcribe horns and clarinets and write out dynamics and articulations and stuff like that before I can consider it ready to be used for orchestra. But I like to work slow and not get too excited before everything is at the right place

I'm overwhelmed by your post and all other members's posts..., applause to you all and a happy new year, I will conclude my Nordic project thanks to you!

A very happy Fredrik

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast