• Register
  • Help

Topic: New opportunities

Share/Bookmark

New opportunities

Hello everyone,

After playing (and teaching) classical guitar for over 20 years, a terrible realization and frustration of focal hand dystonia has settled in. Fortunately for me I still teach Popular styles of guitar so I can continue to maintain my teaching studio. I am, however, also moving into composition study and orchestration as I build a wonderful toy- the DAW and Midi studio. How exciting it is to have all these wonderful sounds available right in front of me. I am new to this technology and the learning curve is large (this is essentially a new instrument to study so it won't happen fast).

Having stumbled upon this site will be a tremendous help and inspiration in guiding me-especially as I am self-studied. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this site and I look forward to meeting and chating with everyone.

Regards,

Stephen

Re: New opportunities

Stephen,

Welcome to the course! You certainly are right about all these wonderful tools at our disposal. I hope this course will inspire and guide you. We're here to help. And looking forward to your participating.

All the best,

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Dempster
    Hello everyone,

After playing (and teaching) classical guitar for over 20 years, a terrible realization and frustration of focal hand dystonia has settled in. Fortunately for me I still teach Popular styles of guitar so I can continue to maintain my teaching studio. I am, however, also moving into composition study and orchestration as I build a wonderful toy- the DAW and Midi studio. How exciting it is to have all these wonderful sounds available right in front of me. I am new to this technology and the learning curve is large (this is essentially a new instrument to study so it won't happen fast).

Having stumbled upon this site will be a tremendous help and inspiration in guiding me-especially as I am self-studied. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this site and I look forward to meeting and chating with everyone.

Regards,

Stephen

Re: New opportunities

Hi Stephen and welcome to the forum.

I too am a guitarist. I incorporate Garritan Personal Orchestra instruments in guitar based compositions.

I hope to hear some good things coming from you in the near future.

Go Back to forum