• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Which Harp do you recommend?

Share/Bookmark

Which Harp do you recommend?

I need advice in getting a Harp (not a real one), I\'ve been looking to Garritan\'s or X sample, since both are about the same price, which one would any of you recommend?, I know te X sample has another instruments but I only need the harp, unless the other instruments are really good too..thanks for your help.

Sorry for my english, im from Mexico

Daniel

Re: Which Harp do you recommend?

hi
    I have the Xsample harp - and I love it.
    I don\'t know how good the Garritan Harp is, but
    the Xsample is great.
    As for the other instruments, the psalter
    and klavicymbal I haven\'t really used so I
    don\'t know. The Celesta is more middle of the
    road - its ok, but not excellent like the harp.

Bjk

Garritan\'s harp is also excellent. I would characterize it as intimate, close-up, beautiful stereo image. I\'ve never heard Xsample\'s. Are there demos of these sounds available anywhere?

\"Are there demos of these sounds available anywhere? \"

Look here: http://www.m-r-d.de/xsample/xmp3_08.htm
    Mp3 demo: http://www.m-r-d.de/xsample/harp.mp3

Thanks, Steve, for the link. From my experience with Garritan\'s and now hearing the Xsample demo I have to say both harps are really excellent. It sounds like the decision probably comes down to the implementation of the articulations, etc. - Doug

Can\'t really go wrong with Gary\'s GigaHarp. It has a nice tone and you can create some pretty damned realistic glisses, and just appegiated works are believable.

I havent tried any of them but on the Xsample cd you also get a Celesta that sounds very nice to me.

Xsample harp is great. No problems at all. I saw a post about problems w/ some of the notes on Garritan\'s Harp, but I don\'t own it so I cannot say for sure.

I own the Xsample harp and think it\'s wonderful: well worth the price.

And yes; the other instruments on it are really good also - a great bonus.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Just testing these new gremlins And the other features [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Well done to the web guys.

I\'m a really big fan of Gary\'s harp. It has some really cool tuning articulations that allow you to create your own glisses that sound realistic and match whatever key/tempo you decide to work in.

Aside from the beautifully intimate sound and great imaging, you can also get a really gorgeous orchestral sound from it by running it through a reverb with the dry signal attenuated and a tiny bit of low pass filter.

It also has mutes and harmonics via the modwheel. Very cool and useful stuff.

Crispin

Go Back to forum