• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: New string demo posted

New string demo posted

For anyone interested, here is a short demo using Smart Violins, GOS celli and bass pizz, and Xsample harp.
    The song is not completed yet, but here\'s a taste.

Its called \'Love Theme\' (haven\'t had time to name it yet).
    Hope you enjoy! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: New string demo posted

Great stuff Damon! I loved the expressiveness of the strings! The first 12 seconds sound almost totally convincing.

I love smart violins too! Sounds like it blends fine with GoS.

Beautiful Damon!! I have to try that smart violins

Hi Damon,

It\'s about time you did a new piece, and it was worth waiting for! Lovely, and I agree with Thomas that it\'s very convincing for that first 12 seconds or so. If you could continue the way you started, it will sound amazing!!

Well done,

Hey thanks alot guys! I appreciate the comments. I Definitely need to make the song longer.

Hey Damon, love the stuff man. I listened to, \"3 am,\" great stuff! Very commercial sounding, sellable. On the love theme, why\'d you use the smart violins? Why not GOS for everything? Is there an advantage with SV?

Hey ASapp,

I liked the slides on Smart Violins and the sustains blended well the best with them, that\'s why I used them.
    Thanks for the kind words! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Great start! And I also particularly like \"Lateness\" and \"Wish\". Hey, more time composing, less time with real life, OK? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Nice writing. I was in the middle of listening to all of your music and the site shut down. The message was something like, \"this site has exceeded it\'s bandwidth\".

Anyway, perhaps sometime I will get to listen to the rest, very nice. What orchestral percussion were you using? Garritan Strings?

By the way, I think you\'re on the right track for writing for film. Keep up the great work!

Best of Luck,
    Garius Hill
    Musecycle Media

Thanks alot for listening Garius! I appreciate the kind words.
    Yeah, my site does the \'exceeded bandwith\' thing more often then usual lately [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] .
    I use Ultimate Orchestral Percussion and for strings I used Garritan strings on the Shawshank demo and Smart Violins with Garritan celli and bass pizz on \'Love Theme\'.

Go Back to forum