• Register
  • Help

Topic: New computer problems.

Share/Bookmark

New computer problems.

I just got a new Acer Aspire 5200 with Windows Vista a couple days ago. I installed Garritan Personal Orchestra, but it wont work when I try to open it. It is an older version of GPO, and I havn't gotten it registered because my computer wont let me. Is there any way to fix this?

Re: New computer problems.

I forgot to add this, I just noticed that on the covor of the GPO box it says its designed for Windows XP. Is there some way that it can work on my Vista?

It's best to post issues with Garritan products over on the Garritan Forum on this site.

Have you downloaded the newest player from NI? The latest player is Kontakt Player 2.2.3. This will give you a new registration key as the registration is different for NI instruments.

Jim

When I search it on google it says its for Mac, but I don't think thats the problem. I would rather not buy anything more, but if I must, I will.

GPO will work with Vista but as I mentioned before, you need to download the Kontakt Player 2.2.4 update. This will also require a new serial number as the one that came with the original version of GPO will not work. You'll need to logon to the Native Instruments website to get your updates. If you registered the GPO when you first received it, then NI should have emailed you a password to logon to their site with. Logon and your serial number should be on the downloads page with the 2.2.4 update. If you never logged on, then you may need to contact Native Instruments (by phone) to get the new serial number.

Jim

Thanks. I guess I have an account, but I don't know if it is active or something. I downloaded it succesfully, but I can't find the serial number. I didn't get an email and I didn't find anything on the download page. Is there something else I have to do?

You have to request the serial number explicitly. The NI update page explains how (under "Garritan Personal Orchestra" not "Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2 update").

Go Back to forum