• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The Dance Of The Clouds - Symph. GPO & others

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb The Dance Of The Clouds - Symph. GPO & others

Hello my dear friends,

so after a longer rest or better a pause .. I'm lucky back. There was so much to do for the last months that I coudn't found any time for anything.. I whish everyone here a happy new year 2008 - and peace for the earth!!!

So my little exert here..called " The Dance Of The Clouds" .... written for orchestra & has been realized with GPO and another added libs. Vitous, VSL, Sidlazcek etc.. score contains normal symphonic set up from Fl. to Basses.
    It was harmonically written in a jazzy mood. I hope you like it. Comments always very welcome.

Link: http://www.box.net/shared/g5s03oh8o0

JL

Re: The Dance Of The Clouds - Symph. GPO & others

Hello Jaques,

Welcome back with a fantastic impressionistic composition!
    It painted a whole picture for me.
    From the ‘tuning’ of the clouds ‘instruments’ like at an orchestral rehearsal, through the quickly darkening skies where strong winds gather momentum to force the clouds to burst out with lightening and thunders and pour down their rain.
    And then the calming down… the sun’s rays starting to show through the clouds… while the birds are coming out from their hiding place to soar above… Peace on earth!
    The last chord was a very unexpected surprise… and I’m not sure what it was meant to describe… Could it be like a very bold and final confirmation of the state of that peace??
    Thanks for posting and will look forward to more of your work.

Yudit

Hi, Jaques - Wonderful to see you here again, and Happy New Year to you also.

I always enjoy the work you post here for us in The Listening Room. The strong Impressionist leanings of your work make such direct connection with our imaginations.

Your "Dance of the Clouds" is probably my favorite piece so far - I'm an enthusiastic audience member, so when I'm hearing something I really admire, like this, I tend to Always think that what I'm hearing Now is my favorite - lol---so it's not any kind of real reflection on what you've posted before.

The full frequency spectrum is employed so well here, from the thundering lower instruments, to the almost crystalline effect of the high strings. The whole piece rolls and unfolds just like the banks of clouds that inspired you.

Wonderful--Thank you!

Randy B.

Jaques, this is a wonderful piece of music!! If the point of Impressionistic music is to create an impression, then you have succeeded on a grand scale!
    Loved everything about this: the subtleties, the colors, the drama... all just expertly done. Congratulations!

Danny

Dear Yudith,

thank your very much for your kind words here with this very nice description with which you have so colorful painted out what I'm feeling. The final chord was in deed my little surprise here...but I'm not very sure if I keep him there longer existent..maybe I will write a few bars more to make an more soft ending with some softy harp glisses with nice chords for flutes and clarinets. Thanks very much again Yudit.
    I'm too looking forward to hear more of "your" wonderful works in future here.

Muchos Saludos

JL

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird
    Hello Jaques,

Welcome back with a fantastic impressionistic composition!
    It painted a whole picture for me.
    From the ‘tuning’ of the clouds ‘instruments’ like at an orchestral rehearsal, through the quickly darkening skies where strong winds gather momentum to force the clouds to burst out with lightening and thunders and pour down their rain.
    And then the calming down… the sun’s rays starting to show through the clouds… while the birds are coming out from their hiding place to soar above… Peace on earth!
    The last chord was a very unexpected surprise… and I’m not sure what it was meant to describe… Could it be like a very bold and final confirmation of the state of that peace??
    Thanks for posting and will look forward to more of your work.

Yudit
    Last edited by Jaques; 01-16-2008 at 12:42 PM. Reason: editing

Dear Randy,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It makes me happy that this piece becomes your favorite....until now.. I think that this comp has more dynamic movements then my posts before..

I'm also happy that you like my editing regarding fequency EQ on intruments and reverb. In special this is always a hard paddle for me to figure out the right mixing. I've written so much stuff that all my mixing are almost different to each other that I had writing for some librarys. I mean that any new composition with rendering is slightly different to the composition before or after. In special this was difficult for extreme range reasons in special for the strings. Mixing and editing is a art itself and can take a lot of time.

There are some very nice composers here which I admire really for there works and further for there nice mixing and careness of the frequency EQ on her works.

Thanks again

JL

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Jaques - Wonderful to see you here again, and Happy New Year to you also.

I always enjoy the work you post here for us in The Listening Room. The strong Impressionist leanings of your work make such direct connection with our imaginations.

Your "Dance of the Clouds" is probably my favorite piece so far - I'm an enthusiastic audience member, so when I'm hearing something I really admire, like this, I tend to Always think that what I'm hearing Now is my favorite - lol---so it's not any kind of real reflection on what you've posted before.

The full frequency spectrum is employed so well here, from the thundering lower instruments, to the almost crystalline effect of the high strings. The whole piece rolls and unfolds just like the banks of clouds that inspired you.

Wonderful--Thank you!

Randy B.

Dear Danny,

Thank you for your friendly words here. It makes me happy that you like my
    piece here. Yeah..I had different orchetrations in my had to figure out the subtleties in the sound which I trying to capture there and the colors that have been produced whith this orchestration. Thanks again for your mention.

All my best

JL

Quote Originally Posted by DDW
    Jaques, this is a wonderful piece of music!! If the point of Impressionistic music is to create an impression, then you have succeeded on a grand scale!
    Loved everything about this: the subtleties, the colors, the drama... all just expertly done. Congratulations!

Danny

Welcome back, Jacques, I've missed your work!

What a gorgeous impressionistic extravaganza this is;
    a wildly adventuresome jaunt through the clouds that
    sends the mind spinning through the heights in a
    vertiginous whirl of mists and vapors...

Loved it!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Dear David,

Thank you so much for these very kind words which have you found here.
    You description makes me smile it's always a pleasure for me to read your impressions..it makes me very happy that you love this
    piece. This version is not the end version..there will be some slightly changes in some parts which has some tweaky rhytm and orchestration figures also some melodic corrections has to be made.

Soon I will post another adventure, impressionistic scores which I have written for a underwater picture. They will be a little bittle more avantgardistic then my previous ones.

All my best to you..

JL

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Welcome back, Jacques, I've missed your work!

What a gorgeous impressionistic extravaganza this is;
    a wildly adventuresome jaunt through the clouds that
    sends the mind spinning through the heights in a
    vertiginous whirl of mists and vapors...

Loved it!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jaques
    This is a gorgeous and thriling musical experience. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for sharing.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast