• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Best general purpose orchestral bang-for-the-buck?

Share/Bookmark

Best general purpose orchestral bang-for-the-buck?

Dear GigaFriends,

It seems by all the comments that the garitan strings would be one of the ultimate libraries to own, but I don\'t have that kind of money to spend right now.

I need a good general purpose library for orchestral intruments and am currently looking at:
    \'Symphonic Fields Forever\' or the \'Prosonus Orchestral Collection\' (need to stay ~$200-250 range)

Are there others in this price range I should be considering?

Comments and/or suggestions welcome...

Would like a library I could use to add Strings, Violins(Solo and ensemble), Cello (Solo and Section), Dbl Bass
    Fr Horns, some perc, Bassoon, Oboe etc to augment contemporary and classical styles.

I have GigaStudio.

Regards,
    --Doug

Re: Best general purpose orchestral bang-for-the-buck?

In the low price range like that I think you\'d love the Prosonus library.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

Does any one know if there is a site that features demos made exclusively with the Prosonus Orchestral Collection?

--Doug

DDJack59,

try this, can be found among others at http://www.bigfishaudio.com

http://www.bigfishaudio.com/cgi/SoftCart.exe/scstore/d-oc.html?L+scstore+dwrd7897+1020019516

Regards. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Hansi

Hansi,

Thanks I will check out Big Fish.

--Doug

Doug,

I have Prosonus and would highly recommend it. It is big and is a great starter or add-on library. It is not perfect but is worth more than double the offered price - to me. With the money you save, you might want to purchase DD Solo String.

Craig

Originally posted by DDJack59:
    Dear GigaFriends,

It seems by all the comments that the garitan strings would be one of the ultimate libraries to own, but I don\'t have that kind of money to spend right now.

I need a good general purpose library for orchestral intruments and am currently looking at:
    \'Symphonic Fields Forever\' or the \'Prosonus Orchestral Collection\' (need to stay ~$200-250 range)

Are there others in this price range I should be considering?

Comments and/or suggestions welcome...

Would like a library I could use to add Strings, Violins(Solo and ensemble), Cello (Solo and Section), Dbl Bass
    Fr Horns, some perc, Bassoon, Oboe etc to augment contemporary and classical styles.

I have GigaStudio.

Regards,
    --Doug
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Craig,

Thanks for the comments. Looks like I\'ll be hunting down the best price for the Prosonus library.

--Doug

It would be interesting to hear a demo for the Garitan String Lite version, which goes for about that price range.

Hmm, I wasn\'t aware there was such an offering.

Could someone fill me in on the details? Although, I suspect I will still consider the Prosonus for the variety of instruments available.

But I\'ve also heard Garritan strings are awesome.

Regards,
    --Doug

Following along here, regarding the Prosonus OC, it sounded wonderful in the demo.

Is it in Giga format or Akai, the Bigfish site seemed a bit vague? If in Akai, any problem converting.

Thanks,
    michael88s

Go Back to forum