• Register
  • Help

Topic: Unbelievable! Met a live human "in person" from this forum!

Share/Bookmark

Unbelievable! Met a live human "in person" from this forum!

Today I had the pleasure of meeting Jim Williams (snorlax) in person here at my home. Jim brought along his very nice and tall son, Evan. Jim came to Seymour to pick up the Proteus 2/XR that I recently gave away. The Proteus 1/XR should be on the west coast soon to Randy Bowser.

I found out that Evan is going to the University of Evansville next fall - I that is where I got my B.M.E. in 1973 - yep I am getting up there - all of 56 - 35th year as an elementary teacher. Evansville was a perfect fit for me, and I hope Evan enjoys it there.

We took some photos - I don't know how to post them here so go here:

http://charlesmoman.smugmug.com/gall...3065#238312836

in my friends gallery at Smugmug to see our visit and my office my wife made for me. Also you can look at photos from my continuing Lilly Endowment project.

Great meeting you Jim and Evan!
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Re: Unbelievable! Met a live human "in person" from this forum!

Meeting Charles (Indianamusic), his wife, and his one son was a fine way to start the new year! He's about 40 min down I-65 from Chez Snorlax.

I wanna tell ya, people, Charles is ONE TALENTED AND DEDICATED INDIVIDUAL!! Recipient of several Lilly grants (those are REALLY competitive), teacher of the year, composer, church musician, 35-year music teacher, parent of 6, etc., etc.

What a pleasure it was to meet him today! I can't wait to hear the work he's gonna create with the Lilly Grant.

The Proteus/2XR will receive a loving home and will be passed on to another user when I am done with it, as Charles passed it to me.

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Wow amazing. Ten years ago when we started northernsounds it was immediately apparent that this site brought people together from various areas and walks of life. Seeing posts like these are what makes me feel truly honoured to be part of this community. Northernsounds is growing at an immense pace and we are looking forward to another great year.

Happy New Year
    Thank you all

I also can't wait to hear the results of the Lilly Grant.

Very cool pics and great that you all got to meet. I love all those photos you do, Charles, you are one awesome photographer. Evan going to Evansville, sounds like a perfect match.

I received in the mail yesterday, the Ram you sent me Charles, i can't thank you enough for this, i will put it to good use making learning and making music.

David

Great story and nice pictures..
    but I don't see no euphonium.

Quote Originally Posted by engson
    Great story and nice pictures..
    but I don't see no euphonium.
    Imagine...
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum