• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vista SP1 RC1 = DUDE!!!

Share/Bookmark

Vista SP1 RC1 = DUDE!!!

Okay, it's only fresh out of beta, but I figured "I have a fresh HD, so what have I got to lose?" So, I reinstalled Vista Home Premium and fired up my laptop. Without SP1, my laptops a drag-fest, I can't even watch videos in iTunes. With SP1, it was like having XP back on my computer, it is actually a lot better than I thought it would be. The speed is a lot better, and no evil Blue Screen of Death for 2 days straight. Considering this is just a Release Candidate, I can't wait to see what the final product will be like.

I'll update on this when I get my libraries back on mny machine.

And here's a little comparison for those who have it.
    Photoshop CS3 loaded in Five Seconds (from the time I double clicked to the time the splash screen went away)
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Re: Vista SP1 RC1 = DUDE!!!

I've been following the XP32/XP64/Vista32/Vista64 saga and am interested in how things go for you.

Please keep us posted.

Greg

Anthony, you have me very excited.

Now I wonder how many "extras" they will add to RC1 to "improve" it

So far, all my programs are compatible, including Sib 5 and Finale 08. I've been pretty lazy, but I've started installing CAMB now, next will be GPO and JABB. Still no blue screen, and I've also noticied thatthings tend to happen when you actually press a button to do it, unlike pre sp1 which lagged considerably. Next thing I test is latency, so we'll see how that goes.
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Go Back to forum