• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: What Are Your New Years Resolutions?

Share/Bookmark

What Are Your New Years Resolutions?

Happy New Year again!

As we are kicking off 2008 today, many of us will make New Year's resolutions. But we often forget and as a result won't keep them. To remember our resolution,s and to follow through, we can post some of them to remember.

Here are some of my resolution 2008:
    • Make it easier for you to make music.
    • Bring out fantastic products in the new ARIA player.
    • Be transparent and continue to keep you informed of what is happening with our products and company.
    • Not take things too seriously and contemplate the way of the chicken.
    • Relax a bit more.
    • Do fun things like a competition(s), another Go-Round Extravaganza, etc.
    • Devote even more time to this community and to listen to more of your music.
    What are you resolutions for the new year?

Gary Garritan

Re: What Are You New Years Resolutions?

Why, top use my Garritan products to produce more music for you to listen to ... lol

1. To EUPHONIATE the entire world. The time has come. You will be euphoniated sooner or later, so do not put up even the pretense of a struggle.

2. To figure out why YBaCuO has Yttrium for a first name. (Are you a "super-conductor," YBaCuO? Or do you levitate yourself due to Meissner's Effect?)
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax
    1. To EUPHONIATE the entire world. The time has come. You will be euphoniated sooner or later, so do not put up even the pretense of a struggle.
    I'm ready for that Euphoniation, Jim--bring it on, bring it on!!!

Here's a kind of silly little verse for all those still clarifying their resolutions, myself included:

At the closing of the old and the dawning of the new,
    What shall I now let go, what begin, and what renew?
    In the open space ahead, on this golden path before me,
    What decisions can I make to fulfill and to restore me?

Here are just a few of my goals; it's far from complete. (More on my 12-30 post in Predictions for 2008.)

1. Learning MUCH more about using all this software for music production.
    2. Actually posting my music (when I'm ready and there is a break from the current project).
    3. Doing the Rimsky-Korsakov orchestration class, with the help of GPO. Then the jazz course.
    4. Learning to use Logic 08.
    5. Making inroads on all those albums I've wanted to do for over 25 years, because finally the tools are here!
    6. Earlier to bed, earlier to rise, less food, more exercise (hey it rhymes!)
    7. More lightness and relaxation.
    8. Better focus, less procrastination.
    9. Trusting more.
    10. *(Most important)* Experiencing the great EUPHONIATION--Please, please!

Saraswati

Hello Gary,

My resolutions, well I usually have too many but some of the ones I really hope to make progress with are:

(1) To write (or begin writing) that concerto I have long promised myself.
    (2) To find an alternative book for my stage musical (having been refused permission for the original book many years ago).
    (3) To re-render the music of the above using GPO (previously MIDI).
    (4) To make even more progress with repair, decor and DIY of my home.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Happy New Year Gary, and everyone!!

Well a few of mine:-

1) Devote more time to studying scripture
    2) Devote 10 minutes a day to learning to beatbox
    3) Ditto to playing the theremin and musical saw
    4) Get around to circuit-bending my growing collection from the Texas Instruments house of crap.
    5) Double my annual piano practise to three hours.
    6) Lose 200 pounds
    7) Get my studio physically organised, then build templates for my workflow, and finally get in there on a regular basis.

1) Drink more.
    2) Gain weight.
    3) Start smoking.
    4) Crush my enemies without mercy.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

2. To figure out why YBaCuO has Yttrium for a first name. (Are you a "super-conductor," YBaCuO? Or do you levitate yourself due to Meissner's Effect?)
    1. "Resistance is futile, you will be euphoniated?"

2. hey wait a minute, snorlax, that's MY superhero name. It's copyrighted. My lawyers will be in touch [I went to link to that post but the picture is gone ] Oh well....

My resolutions:

1. to become proficient at score production (the formatting, publishing end of music) and put more scores up on Lulu.com (thanks etLux for that suggestion)

2. To stop feeling uncomfortable and like I'm an imposter when I say I'm a "composer" (see the "imposter syndrome") [of course this is made more difficult by the fact that I AM am imposter!!! ] oops! that's gonna be a tough one i guess! LOL!

3. To learn how to have healthy boundaries. People seem to feel safe with me [good] and often confide things in me that they feel unable to with others [good], or ask me to help them in some way [good] sometimes to the extent that i get exhausted trying to "do it all" [not so good] and take too much time away from things that are important to me[not so good].

4. To continue to "take risks" musically (thanks also to etLux for that good advice).

5. To eat more vegetables and drink more grape juice.

6. To foster close connections with orchestras and choral groups in my home town, and to participate in a local initiative that links young poets and artists with composers who set their poetry to music or write music to go with the art. (This results in a charity exhibition to raise money for the arts).

7. To have faith in the flow of things more without having to figure everything out ahead of time.... and to be more aware.

8. To learn more about audio production.

9. To talk less and listen more.

10. To dust my house this year!

Quote Originally Posted by KE Peace
    1. "Resistance is futile, you will be euphoniated?"

2. hey wait a minute, snorlax, that's MY superhero name. It's copyrighted. My lawyers will be in touch [I went to link to that post but the picture is gone ] Oh well....
    OH, BOY!! The first case of SUPERHERO INFRINGEMENT!! We can establish precedent!! Appellate courts throughout the land will be referring to US in future utterances of Stare Decisis!!!
    WOW!!

Thanks,, KEP!!!!!! I'll have my people call your people. Or your people can call my people. Or we can let my people go.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Thanks,, KEP!!!!!! I'll have my people call your people. Or your people can call my people. Or we can let my people go.
    Hey Jim,

why don't we just trade marbles and call it even! LOL!

Hey, do you know Jim Pellerite? Retired prof. at Indiana University (flute)? Where do you teach?

Go Back to forum