• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Question about Book/DVD

Share/Bookmark

Question about Book/DVD

Hi,

I was wondering if the DVD that comes with the book at the end of the course will be just the course itself, or will it also have audio that can be used with the book when not at the computer?

Thanks,

Richard

Re: Question about Book/DVD

Richard,

The book will also come with a DVD that will have the animated scores plus some material that is not in this online course.

Best,

Gary Garritan

Thank you both for answering. If I might make another suggestion, and this might actually be better served in a new thread, it would be helpful if there were some way to quickly get to a spot in the middle of the examples, especially with the longer examples. Right now, if I want to hear one possiblility on one of the lists of possibilities examples, I have to listen to all of the previous ones to get there, which makes hearing one example more difficult. I'm not sure how practical that would be to make, but it would be useful.

Thanks,

Richard

I have just pre-ordered the book/dvd & I made an error. I listed the shipping country as USA instead of United Kingdom. How can I amend my order?
    Mike Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by matk
    I have just pre-ordered the book/dvd & I made an error. I listed the shipping country as USA instead of United Kingdom. How can I amend my order?
    Mike Atkinson
    Mike,
    We received it and its amended. Thanks very much for your pre-order and thanks for joining this course.

Best,

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbat View Post
    Thank you both for answering. If I might make another suggestion, and this might actually be better served in a new thread, it would be helpful if there were some way to quickly get to a spot in the middle of the examples, especially with the longer examples. Right now, if I want to hear one possiblility on one of the lists of possibilities examples, I have to listen to all of the previous ones to get there, which makes hearing one example more difficult. I'm not sure how practical that would be to make, but it would be useful.

Thanks,

Richard

one solution: copy the audio-file to hard drive, then import into DAW as an audio track. then you mark the section of interest and play from there, or loop sections, etc.. this assumes the DVD contains audio files in wav, mp3 or wma format. hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Drezzy01 View Post
    one solution: copy the audio-file to hard drive, then import into DAW as an audio track. then you mark the section of interest and play from there, or loop sections, etc.. this assumes the DVD contains audio files in wav, mp3 or wma format. hope this helps
    The issue here is getting to points in the online examples. These are Flash files, and the controls are put in by the programmer. What's being suggested makes a lot of sense, but would require a good bit more programming. A scroll bar could be programmed in, but until I have a goodly supply of donuts with which to attempt to bribe the programmer, I wouldn't ask for more.() (Once the Book/DVD are available we'll have to see how accessible segments of examples are.)

For the time being, right-clicking (PC) should bring up some Flash controls: Pause, Rewind, etc. These only allow global control over the entire Flash movie, though.

Joe

The flash file makes us convenience in playing the arrangement with the lesson, together on the spot. I suggest we also have a midi version of the song so that we can play with the JABB using a music notation or a sequencer, provided that we also have this library, even if it is not mandatory. It is less convenience in following the lesson, but at least we can play the example freely from any point giving less burden to flash programmer.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by symon View Post
    The flash file makes us convenience in playing the arrangement with the lesson, together on the spot. I suggest we also have a midi version of the song so that we can play with the JABB using a music notation or a sequencer, provided that we also have this library, even if it is not mandatory. It is less convenience in following the lesson, but at least we can play the example freely from any point giving less burden to flash programmer.

Regards,
    That's a very cool idea.
    Cheers.

Question about Book/DVD

thankyou for the helpful answers, i had another question as well. i was reading the faqs, and it was talking about liscensing, do i have to worry about that...i dont want to destory anything for my friend, if she some day decides to actually publish it for public

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast