• Register
  • Help

Topic: Give some free rice

Give some free rice

many of you may have stumbled across this site already, but I thought I'd just point it out to anyone who hasn't.

The idea is that you take a vocab quiz, and for every definition you guess / identify correctly 20 grains of rice are donated to countries that need it - all paid for by the advertisements at the bottom of the page. It's a very easy way to give at this charitable time of year.

Re: Give some free rice

I kept on going until I reached 2000

Well, I kept going to 1500 grains. Sure glad I don't have to count them out though.
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

I discovered this a few months ago. Half of the employees where I work were filling their rice bowls when the boss wasn't looking. Lol.
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Thanks for the link! Not only for a good cause, but educational. Great stuff.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I just tried it and it was fun. Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the link!

I didn't know about this until tonight. I was able to get to 2500 grains, and will as time permits do more. I sent the link to many people, so hopefully, they'll help too.

Take Care,

Dallas, TX

Wow this is fun! Almost half the words i don't know, but i keep guessing them right. I have 720 grains so far, and at level 40, the lowest so far is 38.

World hunger is a serious thing though and i think it important to donate to the orgs that are doing something about this. We often don't realize how well off we are until a reality check of how others are doing.

Thanks for using the link everyone. I discovered that in the options tab you can set the site to remember where you were up to. It makes it much more fun - I just made 50000 grains last night.

Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA

And here:

you can give 1.1 CUPS of food by clicking 1 button.

Go Back to forum