• Register
  • Help

Topic: symphonic choir and world builder

Share/Bookmark

symphonic choir and world builder

I've had this software from EAST WEST for over 2 years now. When i purchased it from ~~~~~~~~~~~~, it said that it supports RTAS, so i bought it with confidence since i'm a pro tools LE user, only to find out later that word builder doesn't work with pro tools LE, and only symhpnic choir itself. So basically, you end up with whole bunch of ee,oo,oh...that are totally useless for the application that i use. they should've had some note/warnings about this, but ! when i called, they said i can use cubase, to record the audio, and then import that audio into pro tools. or i can buy a second computer and run the out put of that into the input of my main DAW...yeah right!!!!

I was wondering if there was a technology out there besides rewire, that would transfer the audio from a program like that to pro tools, or any other DAW virtually? I know there are programs like that for midi, but how about audio?

Re: symphonic choir and world builder

Hi, I don't think Wordbuilder has to work as a VST instrument. Have you tried to use it as standalone application with Kontakt or Kompakt also in standalone mode? World builder will sit in between your sequencer and sampler.

You will need a virtual midi cable with that setup, but it should work with any sequencers with midi capabilities...

This is the way I use it and it works perfectly fine.

Just an idea...

Nicolas
    Nicolas Roy
    www.nicolasroy.com

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasroy
    Hi, I don't think Wordbuilder has to work as a VST instrument. Have you tried to use it as standalone application with Kontakt or Kompakt also in standalone mode? World builder will sit in between your sequencer and sampler.

You will need a virtual midi cable with that setup, but it should work with any sequencers with midi capabilities...

This is the way I use it and it works perfectly fine.

Just an idea...

Nicolas
    No, actually. I've never experimented with it that way. Are you aware of a link that would explain how i should go about doing this at all? That would be awesome.

Yes, you will find all info on page 21-22 of the product manual.
    Nicolas Roy
    www.nicolasroy.com

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasroy
    Yes, you will find all info on page 21-22 of the product manual.
    yes, i found it...thank you

Works fine with PT LE, in fact the setup video with included instructions is using PT LE on the EW website, under the FAQ section for Choirs and Pro Tools.

Quote Originally Posted by ETM Dude
    Works fine with PT LE, in fact the setup video with included instructions is using PT LE on the EW website, under the FAQ section for Choirs and Pro Tools.
    What????? I just received an e-mail from EW teck quy, and he said "pro tools LE" is missing some kind of feature that won't let word builder to work..and such........can you post the link on here, if you don't mind?

Quote Originally Posted by ETM Dude

thanks , i finally found it. I'm still confused though, because i just talked to EW people few days ago on the phone, and they said WB doesnt' work for pro tools LE!...so i'll have to find it out for myself i guess.

Go Back to forum