• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: does anyone know how to program a studiologic 880

Share/Bookmark

does anyone know how to program a studiologic 880

I just purchased the garratian solo violin. I have found my expresion pedal is not sending cc11. I have a studiologic 880 controller. I have went on line and looked at the manual and cant find anything about how to assign this or I just dont understand what to look for. I cant get any help from my dealer and cant get anyone at tech support at studiologic. I thought maybe someone on here may have one and be able to give me some help thanks

Re: does anyone know how to program a studiologic 880

I think you are out of luck. I downloaded and browsed the 880 manual and it appears the controllers available to you are fixed and can 't be changed.

The 880 appears to have a VOLUME pedal input jack, which might only transmit midi Volume (Control Change 7), but you need an EXPRESSION pedal input jack (Control Change 11).

The question to ask StudioLogic support is which Control Change message is being transmitted by the VOLUME pedal (I suspect it is CC 7).

I think you are right to, which I also think stinks for the company to put out a controller like this without that option. Most cheap keyboard can do that.Thank you so much for going to all that trouble, I aprreciate it

Hi Jeff,
    You're not out of luck so fast!
    Even if your hardware can't be changed, you can intercept the midi message right as it enters the computer before it reaches your sequencer using a utility like MidiOx (PC) or MidiPipe (Mac). These programs can reassign incoming midi streams on the fly, which make it easy to change controllers.

Best,
    Reegs

well thanks I was getting ready to but a new controller Jeff

Here's what I use to re-map the same controller. Pretty sure this was written by Markleford, one of the forum members here:

TenCrazy.com MFX CC Map v1.4

Works like a charm!

I downloaded midi ox now if I can figure out how to use it. DO these work as good as if I got another keyboard that was sending cc1 to start with

Jeff

MIDIOx is complex for what you're trying to do. Go with eric's suggestion; it's free, simple, and works like a charm for this and many other uses.

Enjoy the strad- it's a great library!

Belbin

Another handy thing about Markleford's MFX plug-in, depending on what host you are using, is the built-in recall. In Sonar, I save a "track template" for the Strad & Gofriller, with the mfx pre-routed with correct MIDI channels, controller remaps, min/max parameter values set according to my tastes, etc. Really a smooth & easy solution.

--Eric

Im going to install this over the weekend since you guys say it is simpler. I hope I can install it ok. Im not the best at this type thing. I think I understand how, Im using nuendo

Go Back to forum