• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone Interested in an mp3 music competition?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone Interested in an mp3 music competition?

Hi Folks:

These last two months I have moderated some friendly mp3 music contests, at the www.k-v-r.com site.

Its been alot of fun sharing and listening to the various mp3 entries, which were software synth and sampler based. The contests were entirely Forum-based... using dedicated threads for contest rules, mp3 submission links, voting, and even a contest gossip thread.

We kept the mp3 length short for all the contest entries, for ease of hosting/downloading...about 45 sec. The music format was wide open, using any combination of softsynths or software samplers.

Wondering if there would be any interest in something similar here, using sampling sofware such like gigastudio, halion, vsampler, etc. with any choice of sampling CDs.

We could increase the mp3 song lenght to 1 - 2 minutes, and have an open musical format,.. classical, new age, jazz, techni, dance, rock, etc.

Anyway just a thought. I will see how many responses this post gets, and gauge the interest for an mp3 sampling contest.

Cheers,

Max

Re: Anyone Interested in an mp3 music competition?

OOPS!

Gave the wrong link to the KvR site.

It is www.kvr-vst.com

If you want to browse in the recent mp3 contest threads, go to the Music Cafe Forum and check out the \"April Contest\" threads.

Cheers,

Max

If you want to listen to some of the mp3 contest tunes for last april at KvR, heres a link:

http://www.kvr-vst.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000039

Max

Judging from the phenomanal response... I assume no one is interested in a friendly music contest.

I\'ll try again in ...June???

Max

Many composers on this forum are professional or semi professional. Though it sounds like fun to compose competitively, time is the problem. Besides, there is plenty of competitive spirit in the market place -- hence the lack of response in my opinion.

clueless

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I would be interested. Sounds like fun.

do we win money?

Go Back to forum