• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chris Hein Guitars installation problems

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Chris Hein Guitars installation problems

I just purchased this product and I feel I must have done something wrong during the installation process. I installed, authorized, then installed the Kontakt Player 2.2.3 update. When I open the Kontakt Player, my display doesn't look like the documentation. In the browser, there's no image, just text that reads "Chris Hein - Guitars". If I click on Info, I see an image for best service, but there is an "X" through the top left box where an image would be displayed, and the text to the right has "???" under "Chris Hein - Guitars".

When I load instruments, I don't see the controls shown in the documentation, like Articulate, Alteration, Chord Mode, etc. My box is gray and has generic controls. What have I done wrong, and how can I fix it and enjoy my new purchase?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Re: Chris Hein Guitars installation problems

Looks like your library path is not set correct.
    Do you see an "info" button on the left side?
    If so, click it and set the library path on the bottom of the page
    to the location where you placed the samples.

If you don't see an info button, I'd suggest to do the install again.
    Keep the large .nkx files and drag them manually to the new samples folder
    This way it should be done quickly.

If you still have problems feel free to contact me directly,

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Chris, reinstallation did the trick. Now I just need to figure out how to use all the features. I'm especially looking forward to using the steel string guitar chord strumming in my country tracks. Which instrument do you think works best for classic country acoustic off-beat rhythm (think Porter Wagoner).

Thanks!
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by roddkeith
    Which instrument do you think works best for classic country acoustic off-beat rhythm (think Porter Wagoner).
    Great to hear that it works now.
    I listened to some Porter Wagoner on Itunes. Its mostly E-Guitar and Steel String Guitar.
    Also the acoustic part of the Jazz-Guitar could sound nice, especially when doubling with the Steel-String.
    Use a lot of pitch wheel or get a ribbon controller like this one from doepfer to play realistic slides.
    http://www.doepfer.de/home_e.htm

I would love to hear a country banjo tune played with CHB.

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Chris, if you are interested, go to the iTunes store and search for "Carroll County Accident." Listen to the version on the RCA Country Legends album (first one on the list). Most of the others listed are inferior re-makes. What sounds like a pedal steel on this cut (and many of Porter's hits from the 60s and early seventies) is really Buck Trent and his electric banjo.

Thanks again for being so responsive. It's nice to buy a product and get such great support.

Go Back to forum