• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Reputation Level

Share/Bookmark

Reputation Level

Can someone explain what the reputation level and reputation points are? I noticed on the edit my profile that if you check off the box your reputation level will be listed on all posts. Just curious.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Reputation Level

It's basically the number of stars you have under your username, should you choose to display them. You get reputation points when someone likes a post of yours and gives you some. You can give someone else reputation by using the little scale logo ( ) at the upper right of each post... but you can only give a user reputation once.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Curiosity is the mother of invention... or was it curiosity killed the cat... oh well, not to worry since you are not a cat. Here have some reputation.

I think when you get a hundred stars you maybe win a trip to Christmas Island or something.

I'm glad you asked, Tom - Because it seems to be a fairly obscure part of the Forum, the reputation dealie. I have one weeee lil star, and I thiiiink I've been helpful throughout the one year I've been a member. I think if people would have known about the icon to click on, that I might have had a star or two added.

Hey - I never think of doing it either--I admit I've never clicked on that icon when someone's been helpful and I could've added to their rating thing.

SO, hmmm, there it is - Something a lot of us just don't think about.

Lone Star Randy

Wink Re: Reputation Level

Golly, gee. I haven't been concerned with my reputation since Jr. High School.

To give reputation you'll see this image in a person'a post

Click on it and give Thomas some reputation!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    I'm glad you asked, Tom - Because it seems to be a fairly obscure part of the Forum, the reputation dealie. I have one weeee lil star, and I thiiiink I've been helpful throughout the one year I've been a member. I think if people would have known about the icon to click on, that I might have had a star or two added.

Hey - I never think of doing it either--I admit I've never clicked on that icon when someone's been helpful and I could've added to their rating thing.

SO, hmmm, there it is - Something a lot of us just don't think about.

Lone Star Randy
    Here ya go, Randy and Thomas!

I have one weeee lil star
    It shows up for me that you have 6 stars...hmm...
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

LOL! - Great collection of "Stars" there, Danny - thanks much for them. And because of the generation I'm from, I think I like the Star with the extra "R" the most. THank you, buddy! hehe.

And sanyarem - Omigosh, you're right! Suddenly I have 6 stars on there--What the heck happened? Did I whine enough and so people went to town clicking the Star making icon? --LOl--oh my - But strangely so,--I feel better now--aaaaahhh, I have staaaaars---I Do have a Reputation after all!

Thanks to all the Star makers, Star givers, and to all the Stars who congregate here on the Forums.

Randy SIX STAR B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    LOL! - Great collection of "Stars" there, Danny - thanks much for them. And because of the generation I'm from, I think I like the Star with the extra "R" the most. THank you, buddy! hehe.

And sanyarem - Omigosh, you're right! Suddenly I have 6 stars on there--What the heck happened? Did I whine enough and so people went to town clicking the Star making icon? --LOl--oh my - But strangely so,--I feel better now--aaaaahhh, I have staaaaars---I Do have a Reputation after all!

Thanks to all the Star makers, Star givers, and to all the Stars who congegrate here on the Forums.

Randy SIX STAR B.
    A sudden -- but overdue and WELL-DESERVED -- "promotion"!!!

Go Back to forum