• Register
  • Help

Topic: Video or DVD tutorial available?

Video or DVD tutorial available?

I have to admit that I am still really bad at using the violin and the cello. I am using Sonar as my DAW. Is there a video or DVD that helps explain all the steps to using these sample libraries correctly.

The irony is I can use Miroslav and Vienna a lot easier, but I like this sample library better, if only I could use it properly.

THANKS for any help.

Re: Video or DVD tutorial available?

I've never seen a tutorial video. But what's the main problem? If it is how to make use of the necessary MIDI controllers you might found one of the posted MIDI files helpful. I guess it should be found somewhere over the Garritan forum.

If you don't have all the hardware controllers needed for this libraries you could have record a violin or cello phrase with another instrument first, and draw the MIDI data manually. Note you have to control volume, vibrato speed and vibrato intense and with velocity the amount of attack and glissando, there are also keyswitches for some articulations.

Just some ideas cos nobody responded so far, maybe it's a starting point.

Yeah, that's a good one: http://youtube.com/watch?v=P-m6dv98uqY Thanks for the hint!

Go Back to forum