• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ultimate Bongo - Free .GIG!

Ultimate Bongo - Free .GIG!

First of all the title has nothing to do with Donnie\'s libraries!

I recorded a bongo extensively (about 200 samples!) and the result is very good! In fact I would as far as to call it the \"ultimate bongo\" since I have yet to hear a more extensively sampled one.

What you get:

Fingered Bongo (8 velocities) - Left / Right hits
    (tapping the bongo with the fingers)

Hand Bongo (12 velocities) - Left / Right hits with sweeps and scratches + FFFF hits
    (hitting the bongo with the hands)

Nail Bongo (6 velocities)
    (tapping the bongo with the finger nails)

Sticked Bongo (16(!) velocities) - Left / Right hits including \"Snap hits\" where the stick hits the skin and the side at the same time giving a powerful \"snap\" sound.
    (slamming the bongo with a stick)

Special Effects (80 samples) - Loads of bizarre effects including \"scratching\" / \"sawing\" / Hitting the side of the bongo with hands, fingers and sticks. Mic inside the bongo, bowing the bongo with a contrabass bow. Hitting it with a fork, spoon and other various \"sticks\". You name it, it\'s all here.

The best thing: You can download it for free:

(The hit samples are layed out as LEFT hit on C4 and RIGHT hit on D4 - They allow for very realistic reproductions of bongo beats)

The GIG was programmed in a hurry so it is somewhat quirky. Sorry about that.

Re: Ultimate Bongo - Free .GIG!

I like this!! People like TJ who offer his custom samples) Thanx!

Haha cool Thomas! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

It sounds a little harsh though and too bad there\'s only one bongo pitch. But ofcourse you can\'t \"look a given horse in the mouth\" (is that an English expression a well?! [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] )

Haha never heard that expression before Maarten!
    It\'s bright and punchy because it was recorded very close. But flat. The \"sticks\" patch is great for large hollywood beats with the FFFFF layer (I was slamming with all my strength on this one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Anything harder and I\'d have to use a hammer.

Glad you like it,

As you no doubt have guessed already, the expression is a Dutch one and means something like \"you can\'t \'comment\' on something you get for free\" (like birthday presents) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thomas_J: FFFFF layer?!!!!!!! That does it, you DO REALLY NEED to make us a BRASS library!!

Maarten: It is an English expression too: But we say you can\'t look a GIFT HORSE in the mouth.

Even if it is one pitch, when was the last time I had the time to record and program 200 bongo hits?!!!!!

Thanks Thomas

200 Bongo Hits!!!

I can only think of one, \"Al De La\" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks, Thomas-great addition with all the special FX

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] you Da Man, Thomas! Thanks!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks, Thomas! What a contribution--especially for the price.

Now about those brass samples you have? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, these kinds of contributions really enhance this forum as well as the GS community. Thanks again.

Thomas, you rule! I am sure it will be useful.
    I used your free flute gig in an accordion/tuba masterpiece of mine for a demo, and it sounded great! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum