• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Who wants to try out a cowbell library?

Share/Bookmark

Who wants to try out a cowbell library?

Some of you might know me from my sample development with Manytone music. Lately I put together a little project sampling various cowbells. (as we all know, the cowbell is to rock music as the clave is to latin--the backbone to the groove)

I've sampled 6 total cowbells with distinct tones. They all have many velocity layers, and an adjustable blend between the close mic and a more ambient mic, allowing you to have some control over the tone. They're all sampled with both tip and shaft stick articulations. All the samples are 24-bit, 48khz in Kontakt format, with a script to control the mic blend and stick articulations.

I'm looking for a volunteer or two to test these out--anyone interested?

Re: Who wants to try out a cowbell library?

PMs sent; thanks guys!

Actually greg is you really want to sell this product you should do a version of "Missisippi Queen" with manyguitar and manybass, along with the new cowbell at the beginning...

Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro
    Actually greg is you really want to sell this product you should do a version of "Missisippi Queen" with manyguitar and manybass, along with the new cowbell at the beginning...
    Lol, excellent!

Thanks, Greg!

Tried it briefly, it sounds good!
    Haven't tried it in a mix yet, though.

Nice and simple interface.
    One thought: I would prefer to have separate volume controls and pans for both mics, instead of the "Mic Mix" and "Stereo" controls.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,
    Hakan

Oh, excellent suggestion! I like that better.

I'm going to be resampling everything with more articulations and velocity layers, by the way, so you can expect an updated copy soon.

This sounds interesting! Can't wait to hear some demos
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com
    Composer for videogames, film and television

Quote Originally Posted by gregjazz
    Oh, excellent suggestion! I like that better.

I'm going to be resampling everything with more articulations and velocity layers, by the way, so you can expect an updated copy soon.
    Awesome, I look forward to it!
    Great idea with a dedicated cowbell lib, with mic choices, articulations and velocity layers!

Will you create key switches or some other realtime control for the different articulations?

Actually rather than getting all fancy, it seems more practical to just assign the articulations each their own key. So tip, shaft, muted, unmuted, they'll all be mapped out to keys.

I know just a dedicated cowbell library isn't too amazing, but what it's worth it should be a handy library in case you need a cowbell for a latin piece, funk, or rock tune. The cowbells have lots of tonal variety, so they should be able to fit into many different musical settings.

@Sean Beeson: Thanks! That means a lot coming from you!

Go Back to forum