• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where to install Strad and Gofriller?

Share/Bookmark

Where to install Strad and Gofriller?

I'm in the middle of installing everything onto my newly wiped machines, and have a couple of Garritan related questions.

As I understand it I can have two installations of the GPO, Jabb, Strad and Gofriller. I was going to put both installations of all of them on slave machines, in order to ensure that I can always run everything Garritan, no matter what my DAW is doing. But then I suddenly realised one of my full Kontakt installations is going to have to be on the DAW machine. This would leave me with at least one instance of the Garritan plugs which can only be opened in the player version.

Up till now I've only had one machine (actually two, but one was devoted to GS), so this issue has never arisen. Is there any reason I would want ensure that all my Garritan plugins are on machines with full Kontakt samplers installed; in other words is there any functionality lost by only opening them in the player?

My second question is which updates to the player need to be installed? Can I simply install 2.2.3 or do I need to install every incremental patch?

Re: Where to install Strad and Gofriller?

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    in other words is there any functionality lost by only opening them in the player?
    Not unless you want to edit the patches (which you cannot do with the Stradivari and Gofriller anyway) - f.ex. use custom scripts, EQ, filter, etc. or change sampler groups to DFD groups or vice versa - or create banks.

Should you wish to edit a GPO/JABB patch and you have one macine with the library and Kontakt, you can edit and save the patch on this machine and transfer it to the Kontakt-less machine.

Go Back to forum