• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Giving away a Roland A-30 controller

Share/Bookmark

Giving away a Roland A-30 controller

I have a used Roland A-30 76 note keyboard controller I want to give away.
    Bought it used - used it a fair amount, but have not touched it for years - except to knock the dust off or move in my office.
    Tried to get Jim (snorlax) to take it the other day when he came to my house, but he did not need it.

I have new controllers, so I do not need this at all.
    Last time I used it, one of the notes played louder than all others.
    Probably a contact needs cleaning.

I will not ship this - you must come to Seymour, Indiana to pick it up.
    I could meet someone in Columbus, Bloomington, Greenwood but no farther than that. I listed this on Sweetwater's Trading Post too.

I just hate to throw it in the trash when I am sure someone could get some use out of it. Fix that one key and it is perfect. No AC adapter, but they are easy to find.

charles@momanmedia.com
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Re: Giving away a Roland A-30 controller

Saw this and got all excited. I'm using a real cheap controller that I picked up for a few bucks on ebay. Then saw that you wanted someone to come over and pick it up which sorta sobered me up. It's not just a stroll down the road from where I am

Cheers...
    Daz :0)

I don't know who else is here that lives in Indiana or close, but surely there are some. Maybe Jim would know.

Charles! Christmas is over, you can stop being Santa Claus now!---

Forum, for those who didn't notice, Charles "Indianamusic" recently gave me his Proteus 1 sampler module. He's clearing out his studio, and now here he is again with a nice keyboard.

I think it's an Excellent concept, for us to give each other the first crack at studio equipment we'd like to pass on. It'd be great for that to happen some more in 2008.

So, Charles, guess we'll see if there's someone here in driving distance from you who could use your keys! If not, then maybe pass it on through your local music store? I'd say Goodwill, but I can easily see a parent getting excited about getting a neat keyboard for their kid not understanding that it's a controller - the general public isn't too hip to soundless keyboards - I think that the A-3 is a controller?

Good going, Charles!

Randy B.

Despite my screen name, I live within 60 miles of Seymour, IN. It's my usual rest stop on the way to Indy!

As tempting as this is, I fear it would only occupy space. I'm not good at fixing things like dud keys anyway.

But thanks for offering!
    Owen

I live thousands of kms from you, but i would like to applaud your initiative to gave away what you dont use. Hope that someone that really needs it become aware of this.
    Marcelo Colina

I just listed it on the Indiana Craiglist - so maybe I will get a new home for the Roland through there. The key does work, it just is louder - a little - than the others which makes me think it is a simple fix.

Yesterday I gave away an unopened iLife '05 set and an AsanteTalk box on the DealMac forum - already mailed out this AM. I just hate to be wasteful.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Gone - going to someone from nearby Bloomington.

Just delivered the A-30 to a college-age kid.
    He was happy to get it and I even found the AC adapter for him.

And yesterday I was on the receiving end.
    On a forum I found someone who had some Final Cut Pro books he wanted to sell or trade. I told him I was interested in 4 of the books and asked for a price.

He ended up just asking for my address and is giving them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by indianamusic
    Just delivered the A-30 to a college-age kid.
    He was happy to get it and I even found the AC adapter for him.

Very happy for him.
    Marcelo Colina

Go Back to forum