• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Let's Go Around Again

Share/Bookmark

Let's Go Around Again

Hi all

Here's my latest piece "Let's Go Around Again"

It's based on a fairly simpe yet pleasing melody which repeats and being in waltz time it just had to be called that huh

It's a 6/8 waltz with a difference

The track features GPO strings, cello, trumpets,trombones and piano. It also has bass guitar, full drum kit and no less than SEVEN guitar tracks.

Take a listen and let me know what you think

BTW ... this is only a first mix and still has a few loose ends to tidy up.

Showcase Your Music

Thank you

Re: Let's Go Around Again

Hi Paul,

Nice feel on this! It's very smooth: the title is extremely appropriate. And the guitar soloin is mighty fine

Best,
    Reegs

"That's right folks! ELVIS HAS NOT left the building!"

Boy this brings back memories of bobby socks and greased back hair. Very nice piece of music. I keep waiting for the vocal to kick in. Huh? please? and then follow it up with that great blues ending! WOW!

Thank you
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Thank you guys

I was weaned on 50's Rock & Roll (not long before my time anyway) and I think it left it's mark

HEY now 'cmon, Paul - This is too great. Get out of town! Really now. I know you already had a good idea of what your niche was before you started posting here, but you were holding back on pieces with guitar for awhile there, seems like.

Your sophisticated pastiche of all you love in music makes your music live in an exciting, unique way.

6/8 ala the '50's use of that that signature is one I personally groove on so much too. Someone recently on the Forum objected to me referring to a 6/8 piece as a waltz - ok, but it Is as far as I'm concerned, and a rock waltz is just too great to not love.

Excellent track, my friend.

Randy B.

H Randy ... (Moderator now I see )

Thank you for your fantastic comments about my new work. My passion for rock, blues and rock & roll outweighs the love I have of any other genre of music. The guitar itself (IMO) is the most versatile instrument in existence. More especially the electric guitar when combined with the amount of amp sounds and effects that are available.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Someone recently on the Forum objected to me referring to a 6/8 piece as a waltz - ok, but it Is as far as I'm concerned, and a rock waltz is just too great to not love.
    Randy B.
    I really can't understand that objection, what other dance could be performed to a 6/8 timing?

It's rigid rules like those that I refer to in my signature below

I'm pleased you liked it Randy my friend

Hi Paul,

Excellent writing here, and it picks you up and swirls you around!
    Thanks for a very enjoyable hearing that brought warmth to this cold and gray day...

Yudit

Thank you very much Yudit

Oh right,
    Thnks for that

Quibbles quibbles. Sounds like a waltz to me... lol.

And a great cut, Paul!

I'm assuming that's you yankin' the strings with your very
    own fingers on this, too... as ever, super job.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast