• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is this the worst piece ever written?

Share/Bookmark

Is this the worst piece ever written?

Vitaly Komar and Alex Melamid are conceptual artists who got famous for making paintings based on surveys of what people liked. "The results — a “dishwasher size” bluish landscape with a family, some deer and the figure of George Washington (Americans said they liked historical figures in their art)."

Here they have surveyed people about what they most DISLIKED in music. The result was Xmas music, bagpipes, banjos, accordians, tubas (sorry Snorlax), children's choirs, opera singers, atonality, etc.

It's 22 minutes long (which people also disliked).

Here's the mp3...
    http://ubu.artmob.ca/sound/komar_mel...wantedSong.mp3

You can read more about it here...
    http://www.designobserver.com/archives/030691.html

Give it a listen. I made it through the whole thing and think it's pretty funny. It just might inspire you to write some music. You couldn't possibly be as bad as this.
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Re: Is this the worst piece ever written?

Well nice effort but I don't see how anyone will ever be able to beat Macarena.

And someone needs to help them with their English, they misunderstood, it's hysterical, not historical.

I about peed my pants when that lady started rapping. Oh god, this is priceless! I love it! Not because it's good, but because it is so funny!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

This is hilarious--I laughed all the way through! Gotta share this one!

One question, though: why bagpipes? I just love 'em; to me they sound wild and free. One of the thrills of my life was waking up one morning in Japan and hearing bagpipes outside my window! Oh well, different folks, different strokes, I guess.

Now if we can learn from this and assiduously avoid all the cliches in this music (not that you people wouldn't anyway!) we just might write some best-sellers. Or go the other route for fun, and pile it on big time!

Much to like here, and I'll admit they did a better job of integrating twelve tone and rap than I did. I still prefer Disco Bagpipes or almost anything by Wing.

Quite simply, 'No.' The worst piece ever written is George Michael's 'Last Christmas I gave you my heart.'

I actually enjoyed this - obviously only on the level of finding most of it absolutely hilarious, but there's nothing wrong with that.

For now, until something else comes up, it is for sure!
    I liked it very much. Gave me some ideas of how to jangle Randy's nerves.
    Typical music during those election days, now starting in the US, with Hillary as female soloist And that organ has nothing to do with César Franck.......

Raymond - I'll quit composing after this!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by klassical
    Here they have surveyed people about what they most DISLIKED in music. The result was Xmas music, bagpipes, banjos, accordians, tubas (sorry Snorlax), children's choirs, opera singers, atonality, etc.
    What's wrong with banjos? And bagpipes come to think of it...

If only Gary sold his libraries in supermarkets:

Garritan! Garritan!
    Play your score with his new samples!
    Garritan! What a man!
    Do all your shopping -- at Wal-Mart!
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    Quite simply, 'No.' The worst piece ever written is George Michael's 'Last Christmas I gave you my heart.'
    Amen to that! Dumbest song ever. Followed closely by "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" which is one of those songs that is so annoying it gets stuck in your head and you find yourself walking through the supermarket humming it suddenly and then realize what you are doing and want to grab the nearest metal box and smack yourself in the side of the head to make it stop!

But this particular creation is quite hilarious... and I'm only 4 minutes into it so far - just reached the children and tuba Christmas section, lol.

Go Back to forum