• Register
  • Help

Topic: Score

Share/Bookmark

Score

Hi,
    This piece is product of exploring KP2.2.3 update in combination with GVI sounds. Now with KP2.2.3 update you can load more instruments and it makes creating files easier. Instruments are immediately at your fingers.

This is score.
    Instruments are GPO (Gagli, Full Strgs KS,English Horn,Cellos KS bassed Sus, Alto Flute) except percussions, bas, voice pad which are GVI.

Score is available at ww.box.net and link is

http://www.box.net/shared/8smz9gsisc

Thank you for listening.

www.glamator.com

Re: Score

Hi, Glamator

It really is nice to be able to load all your instruments into one engine now isn't it? And to have KP2's mixer and effects available too if needed.

This is called "Score" because you were emulating a film score approach I think? The percussion sounds good in combination with your other instruments - And it sounds like you were using modes associated, through the established vocabulary of movie music, -with American Natives - right?

An effective mood is established instantly. And I think maybe we could say it's characteristic of your pieces to avoid drama, as in building to climaxes, having contrasting sections etc - because this rolls along rather unchanging from the first note to the last. It's a backdrop as a result, not commanding much attention - and I think this was your intention?

When the strings are carrying the melody, even though you seemed to be going for a fairly placid mood, they still could benefit with at least some volume variation. They tend to sound like synths, static samples, because they hit a volume and stay there unwavering - when just some subtle, rolling volume fluctuations would give them more realism without spoiling your effect.

Thanks for the music - it's been awhile since we've seen you!

Randy B.

Mesmeric and enticing, Glamator... I like the way this
    slowly constructs itself across time into a sort of
    landscape for the ear...

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Glamator

It really is nice to be able to load all your instruments into one engine now isn't it? And to have KP2's mixer and effects available too if needed.

This is called "Score" because you were emulating a film score approach I think? The percussion sounds good in combination with your other instruments - And it sounds like you were using modes associated, through the established vocabulary of movie music, -with American Natives - right?

An effective mood is established instantly. And I think maybe we could say it's characteristic of your pieces to avoid drama, as in building to climaxes, having contrasting sections etc - because this rolls along rather unchanging from the first note to the last. It's a backdrop as a result, not commanding much attention - and I think this was your intention?

When the strings are carrying the melody, even though you seemed to be going for a fairly placid mood, they still could benefit with at least some volume variation. They tend to sound like synths, static samples, because they hit a volume and stay there unwavering - when just some subtle, rolling volume fluctuations would give them more realism without spoiling your effect.

Thanks for the music - it's been awhile since we've seen you!

Randy B.
    Thank you, Randy.
    KP2 is great. Now you can create music in more intuitive way and that is what I'm looking for.
    It was kind of experiment.I've started to play and later start to think about name. There is no idea at beginning how it will look like, sounds lead me. This is reason why piece is not according the rules and there is no moving. Later changes are minimal.I started in one direction with bas and percussion but voice pad pushed me in another direction.Percussion is 16 bars pattern with variations.Way of construction determined score.
    Volume variation? You are right.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Mesmeric and enticing, Glamator... I like the way this
    slowly constructs itself across time into a sort of
    landscape for the ear...

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Thank you for listening. This is good description 'landscape for ear'.

Go Back to forum