• Register
  • Help

Topic: Small Brass Ensemble-June-Bug-Dan

Share/Bookmark

Small Brass Ensemble-June-Bug-Dan

Hi again,
    Unfortunatly the piece i was going to post has currupted so here's another piece.
    This one also doesnt have a title, Any suggestions welcome.
    It is written for 2 French horns a Tenor Trombone and A Tuba.(GPO)
    Length: 2:31 aprox.
    I had to load it on youtube so there is a background picture and the sound quality has been depleted.
    Any comments are welcome and i hope you can enjoy this piece of music.

Add Info.
    This piece was written with nothing in mind to start with really but the sun was shiny and the wind was calm.
    Sorry to any Trombonists, his/her part is very much almost the one note all the way through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIrlgec1jKM
    Dan.
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

Re: Small Brass Ensemble-June-Bug-Dan

Hi, Dan - I'm glad to see you here in The Listening Room!

Cute piece, a merry-go-round nostalgic waltz, maybe the little band is playing in a park Gazebo. Nice.

Dry as a bone, Dan! - You need some reverb on here. With none, a lot of the instruments' potential realism is missing.

Arrangement-wise, there could be introductions of variations on the basic Oom-pah-pah rhythm which you could try, without breaking the old fashioned waltz feel you obviously want to maintain.

At times the harmony wasn't as supportive as it could be. With 4 instruments, you have the chance to always have more than one harmony going on, but sometimes the arrangement slips into just one harmony behind the melody.

And, as simple and uncomplicated as you want this to be, I feel you could still wander off for a more contrasting B section, even a C section - maybe return to a different key - I mean that I feel you could use less repetition and still have the basically simple impression you want to give.

You said you "had" to upload it to You Tube--. Why? - Nothing so wrong with that, the picture was a nice addition, and the sound quality isn't so bad - not really worse than most sites. But I don't understand why you "had" to use YT. Ever tried Box that a lot of us use? So clean and elegant - the user just sees the controller for one piece, no ads, no extra text - You might want to look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Dan - I'm glad to see you here in The Listening Room!

Cute piece, a merry-go-round nostalgic waltz, maybe the little band is playing in a park Gazebo. Nice.

Dry as a bone, Dan! - You need some reverb on here. With none, a lot of the instruments' potential realism is missing.

Arrangement-wise, there could be introductions of variations on the basic Oom-pah-pah rhythm which you could try, without breaking the old fashioned waltz feel you obviously want to maintain.

At times the harmony wasn't as supportive as it could be. With 4 instruments, you have the chance to always have more than one harmony going on, but sometimes the arrangement slips into just one harmony behind the melody.

And, as simple and uncomplicated as you want this to be, I feel you could still wander off for a more contrasting B section, even a C section - maybe return to a different key - I mean that I feel you could use less repetition and still have the basically simple impression you want to give.

You said you "had" to upload it to You Tube--. Why? - Nothing so wrong with that, the picture was a nice addition, and the sound quality isn't so bad - not really worse than most sites. But I don't understand why you "had" to use YT. Ever tried Box that a lot of us use? So clean and elegant - the user just sees the controller for one piece, no ads, no extra text - You might want to look at that.
    Thanks Randy,
    I will have to bring up the score again and make some changes over the weekend.(At the moment it looks like a wet one )
    I would usually use reverb but most of the time i cant get it the way i want, The instruments must be clear to hear but as you said 'dry as a bone' is not something most of us admire.

Regards,
    Dan.
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

Nice little brass waltz, Dan. Enjoyed it.

Well done!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum